Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ecfmg certification - raghuram
hi i am an IMG and havenot got my ecfmg certification till now a letter the verification of credentials had some error from my med school they left something on the form 327 A .....i am in a bad situation now and my college will have to send it back ...and it takes a lot of time ....can i still apply for theprograms will they call me for interview ....without the ecfmg certification
I was having this same problem a week ago but finally got certified last week. Anyways, my strategy was to look on the websites of the programs and check to see if they mention when the ECFMG certification is required. For some programs, they require it at application, others need it by rank order lsit submission (February), others need it by the Match (March) and others just need it before you begin residency in July. So what you should do is look at the websites of programs you're interested in-and if they don't mention when ECFMG certification is required, email the program coordinator and ask when it is required.

You might be pleasantly surprised that many programs don't require ECFMG certification to grant you an interview. Hope this helps.
i think you should not wait for ecfmg certificate..apply right now..you never know if something good turns out for you..
thanks a lot flintstone82 ...i know its going to take atleast another month for me if everything goes right this time :-)...for me ..good luck ...
Raghuram, glad I could help, and good luck to you too.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »