Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**pathology** - zstephden
Last year there was a pathology thread and it was wonderful to read. For those of us applying this year lets come together and discuss our IV and rej. Congrats to meti. Noticed you already have an IV. I got a rej from baystate/tuft uni med sch.

My scores are 94/99/cs pass one attempt/90. I am an img who needs visa and a pathology fellow in home country. Grad yr - 2003. Will love to communicate to all those applying for path. All the best to us all.
I also wonder there is no pathology thread this year.
I applied last year and followed it regularly and it was very usefull.
all of you should gather and share
i'm rejected by Baystate too... 99/99/cs 1st, Phd in pathology and lots of research experience but 2001 grad and need visa... I think they filter by grad year or visa
Hi,
Im applying this year also. I got a rejection of Baystate too, I don't need a visa, I am a Pathologist, graduated in 2003, have worked as a PA and research too in USA. I don't understand what these people want. Let's keep posting our success and rejections!
Keep trusting in God!
Is this baystate , the community prog affiliated to tufts university? I need visa, heard that they dont encourage IMGs who need visa.
I am in. I am an old IMG with small hope. Let's see what will happen.
drtobe1, your cred. are great. I am sure you will have a prematch soon. Don't be worry with just this one, this is their loss.
i found that if website said that it MUST be in 5 yrs of grad yr, plz not to apply there if you are more>5 yrs -- you can save some money.

if website says that they will see a 'total, application (also mentioning 5 yrd grad bar,) --- applying there is not be a less chance.

difficulties are with 'most' of university program, because they mention that only pass/80, no grad yr, no us experiences as requirement. Actually that is not true for many reason, becasue of own students and others, ultimately they take recent graduate.

last yr thread was wonderful.
actually whole forum had a very good group on last yr.
this yr, it seems that forum is very fragile.
I might be biased. Sorry for that.
hey guys.. i am going to apply for pathology... i am not yet ecfmg certified... and most of the programs ask for ecfmg certification... i have 99 in step one and 99 in step 2, graduation year is 2009.. have cs tomorrow... after taking cs i was thinking to apply? or shud i wait for the result of CS and apply after being ecfmg certified? any kind soul can give me a sincere advice please?
@meti: I agree with you. This year forum is almost dead. I don't know the reason. Maybe less people are interested to pathology or simply they don't care and know the use of sharing information. I hope we get a better forum for 2011 very soon.
@docsana: As I found from others' experience, there is no difference if you apply now or later when you have your certificate. Programs will wait until your whole file is uploaded and then look at your application.
count me in.2004 grad 92/89/cs2nd/83 6 publications 10 abs
usce med 6 mths no patho exp
applied to 40 hope to get atleast one iv
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »