Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**pathology** - zstephden
hi bazigar! welcome!

in some previous threads, i've seen people matching to path progs (2-3 years ago) with average scores, although i didnt know what the strict definition of average was at that time.. probably around 85 to high 80's.. but i'm not so sure about the other factors in their applications.. if they had visa issues or what.. before, i saw one applicant, an IMG, mid 80's both steps, but GC holder, got 3-4 IVs and matched at his top choice!..

in SDN forum, around last year, i read a very nice post of one Path resident saying that there's a place for everyone in Path.. of course you have the top-tier progs which are dominated by the double/triple 99ers but there are also a good number of mid-tier progs and community-based progs for other applicants.. i'm trying to find that particular post but i couldn't..

anyway, keep visiting! we're here to support one another!! no discouragement! Smile
hey orphanannie,

Well I really can't answer the question about early or late concerning getting interviews, but the definite thing that it is a boost...it might help, as most programs are focusing on it for IMG's, well my advice to you is that after you take your step 3 test and the result is out, you send an e-mail to each program that has NOT rejected yet notifying them that you have passed your step 3,and also you got to show your interest in their program specifically, its a pain in the NECK but we are seeking to become residents over here...

Concerning study material, to tell you the truth I took it easy on myself, I didn't push too hard, but I studied from first aid and UW, and concerning the CCS, the last thing you should be afraid from is CCS as the cases are straight forward, and after you train on a bunch of cases in UW you will find that you've constructed a protocol in order to treat the patient, but don't worry from CCS, rather worry from the MCQ part, as the questions are definitely longer than step 2, and the worse part is that on 2nd day there is also AGAIN MCQ's, which your mind would be fed up from the day before! but in total its an easy test to pass, but not an easy test to score high in, that is my personal view...
pathology_guy!

thanks for the great advise.. was actually planning to do as you said.. emailing them when the results are ok and out! Smile thanks so much for sharing ur experience re step3.. was more of worried about how to navigate the CCS software.. so Uworld is all i need for CCS right? will give the MCQ enough attention as well.. thanks so much!!
orphanannie!

Dont feel afraid from the Q's in UW they are way harder than the actual test!
and CCS on UW is more than enough as a source to train on the software and also with exposure to all kind of cases, there are around 50+ cases in UW i only tried out 20 then realized that it is a systematic protocol rather than each single case with different way of management Smile
Best of luck...
btw I just received an IV from Danbury
Best of luck to everyone here...
and everyone let us know your updates
congrats on ur Danbury IV pathology_guy!! Smile
ur amazing! ur the only positive input in our thread imagine that!
as for me, no IVs yet.. and no rejection too..
total silence.. it's eerie!!!
many congrates pathology_guy.

any news from others.
no news from my side.
waiting --
I got 2:
Henry Ford and Danbury.
hi meti!

none from my side either.. i hope it will start coming for us too.. patience. patience.. sigh*

Welcome brancipaun!!

Updated list:

IVs:
Albany: pathology_guy
Danbury: pathology_guy; brancipaun
East Tennesee: pathology_guy
Metrohealth: pathology_guy
Henry Ford: pathology_guy; brancipaun

REJECTION:
New Jersey University: reechout
Baystate: drtobe, mili26
Guys, got my first invite: St. John's Hospital & Medical Center, Detroit MI Smile
Thank God, my first IV, Danbury!!!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »