Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**pathology** - zstephden
hey guys i just got two interviews!
Ohio state university and Case university hospital!

Congrats on your baystate interview orphanannie I really feel happy when i see someone getting IVs because it pays back your hard work, but yet still half the way, the other half still has to be conquered! wishing everyone the best of luck Smile
thanks pathology_guy!
soo happy for you too.. Smile look at your IVs! go apply to the top tier progs as well.. i'm very much positive you'll get invites from them too.. seriously!

i feel happy for everyone else who got IVs too.. and excited for the rest whose invites are yet on the way!!

Positive.Positive.Positive!!! Smile

UPDATED LIST

IVs:
Albany: pathology_guy
Baystate/Tufts: orphanannie
Case University Hospital: pathology_guy
University Hospital Case Cleveland: pathology_guy
Danbury: pathology_guy; brancipaun, mili26
East Tennesee: pathology_guy
Henry Ford: pathology_guy; brancipaun
Metrohealth: pathology_guy
Ohio State U: pathology_guy
St. John's Hospital, Detroit: orphanannie; pathology_guy
SUNY downstate: riverdale

REJECTION:
New Jersey University: reechout
UDMNJ: orphanannie (not sponsoring visa beware)
Baystate: drtobe, mili26
Hi rody!

Here's SUNY Downstate requirement. Just so happened I emailed them before for a more specific info.
Should you want to know other Prog requirements, just let me know.. I might have it bec. I sent
lots of emails to the different progs before the start of app.. I particularly tailored my ques for IMGs though.. Hope this helps:

On behalf of Dr. Howanitz and the rest of our faculty, thank you for your interest in the Pathology Residency program at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. In addition to the questions you asked, I will try to provide a general overview of the admissions requirements for, and some general information about, our program. Regarding your immediate question about attempts allowed on the step 2 CS exam, we require passing the USMLE on the first attempt.

We have 23 residents in our program. For the year 2011-2012, we anticipate that we will have four (4) residency positions open to fill through the Match. Most residents currently in our program are international medical school graduates.

We have instituted a minimum USMLE I and II score of 82 and we weigh candidates more favorably if they have higher rather than lower scores. In addition, we require all residents in our program to pass USMLE III by the end of their second year so they can begin to focus on their American Board of Pathology Examination. Those candidates who have recently graduated from medical school are considered more favorably than those who were graduated a number of years ago. We plan to fill all our positions through the Match although we may take an occasional candidate outside the Match. We require an interview before we consider an applicant for an appointment in our program. To be considered for an interview and a matched position, applicants must have all their materials completed and in our hands by December 15, 2010. We plan to begin to review candidates by February 1, 2011. This will give us adequate time to develop ranking list for the match and to interview those candidates who will be applying just before our deadline. Lastly, we tend to select those potential residents who have previous interest and experience in pathology.

For program curriculum and rotation opportunities, please review the Pathology web site http://www.downstate.edu/pathology/.

Other frequently asked questions and answers that you may find helpful include:

Cut-date date since Medical School Graduation? 10 Years

Required to Pass USMLE on 1st attempt? Yes

ECFMG Certification needed for Interview? Not for interview, but must pass prior to match

Pre-match option? Foreign graduates only

Tracks Offered? Anatomical Pathology (AP)

Clinical Pathology (CP)

AP/CP

AP/Neuropathology

Are Observerships available? No

Do we require passing step 3 for FMG? No

Is on-campus housing available? Yes

Our faculty have been flexible in supporting candidates’ visa requirements, as demonstrated by the different visas our residents hold. A department in our Dean’s office helps support our work in the various visa requests our residents might have. Despite our flexibility supporting various visas, we require all residents be ready to begin work on July 1 of the academic year. If a resident is unable to obtain a visa by that time, we must fill that slot with a resident who is ready to begin at that time when all other residents begin their training. In the past we have sponsored both J-1 and H-1 Visas.

Our faculty wishes you luck in the application process and we look forward to receiving your application. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Cordially,

Henry S. Flax, Ed.D.

Thanks orphanannie for reassuring post and taking care of all.
Is that anyway we could get 'loan' of IV from pathology_guy Smile.

Congrates path_guy for shower of IV, also orphanannie, brancipaun, riverdale and mili.

I think program can't ignor me because of experiences (probably, so no rejection), and can't accept me because of grad year (so, no IV). It's really hard to keep the hope alive.

I believe who you are you within 10 yrs grad, definitely IV is coming. Keep your dream alive. Wishing all the best to all of you.
Hi meti!
I'm sure pathology_guy wouldn't mind giving us some of his IV slots.. because for sure, tomorrow it will "shower" again two-fold (i like that shower!! kind of funny Big Grin ) and it's back to the same count! haha!

I like what you said: I think program can't ignor me because of experiences (probably, so no rejection). I don't welcome the next sentence though.. because I'm positive that something's coming your way soon.. do i see a smile? Smile believe me meti it's on the way..

No discouragement!

ok,
all of us will get IV, it's too early to make any conclusion.
Thanks again orphanannie for your positive thought Smile

(PS: 'Your dreams miss you', so keep that dream alive).
@meti: I am also an old IMG >10yrs but with some positive credentials but I have not received any IVs so far. I am positive and waiting for new happy letters for IVs but I am also realistic and believe that when a program like Henry Ford has announced its IVs list, there is a little or almost no chance for me. This is obvious: many programs have a screening system (step scores, grad cut off year, visa) and coordinators usually do this screening and they don't care of your other credentials like publication in a high impact journal. When they find a >10 yrs grad=you are out and PD will never see your file.
I am waiting for other programs and maybe apply for some others (that don't care for grad cut off) to increase my chance. It would be a good idea to help each other to find such programs (with no grad cut off year).
reechout,
yes, i agree with you and i found the explanation same way for old grad.
For me, LOR from US pathologist were scanned lately, though i heard from last yr matched friends that it doesn't mater. They will look it eventually.
how many programs have you applied? I used img-interactive and sorted the programs do not have grad yr cut, also applied nearly programs though they have grad yr bar. I am happy to help and definitely to get help.
you can write me:
methij@live.com
reechout ....can u share with me programs with > 10 y graduation , roodyhassan20032002
Sure, meti and rody.
I have applied for 30 programs (money problem). I am working on North and North east programs now and send the list to your e-mail when I got them. You can help me by looking at other regions.
Still waiting for good news.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »