Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
**pathology** - zstephden
hi harddays!

from what i've heard, path is more competitive now than the previous years.. the fact that there are less path progs as compared to IM or FM makes it more competitive accdg to them.. knowing a faculty, member just like in any other field, would definitely help bigtime! Smile
Orphanannie,
its obvious from ur nickname and the "variegated" terms ur using that your so much into pathology Smile well that is what they want over here, someone that is for pathology because he/she has passion to it, not someone that got sick of surgery or internal medicine to get a more "relaxing" specialty, but frankly pathology is way more demanding than what people think, it is not the place to seek rest or easy going lifestyle! at least in the first 6-7 years!

And I am sure that you will get matched because your obviously determined, no one finishes all the steps in such a short time unless seeking after a dream, and I hope and I have a strong feeling the directors will see what you are seeking and will choose you as a resident Smile best of luck, ain't nothing more rewarding in life than seeking after your dreams, we all worked hard in a way or another, hope they appreciate that Smile

concerning the Q of harddays, pathology is definitely more competitive, they usually dont accept IMG's unless they have pathology experience, or with PhD! and concerning connections of course it helps, but it only helps in maybe getting you an interview but that does NOT guarantee that you would be favored in match, you got to work hard on your USMLE scores and empower your CV

pathology_guy,

can i get ur email? just got something to ask..
thanks. Smile
can u give me ur e-mail because mine I only use it for business stuff and i dont like to expose it here :$ please understand my concenrs
hahaha! my problem too.. my email has my full name on it! Smile no prob.. will probably make another email for thread posting! wait!
same thing here !! haha ok once you do it post it and i'll send u an e-mail on it Smile
hey pathology_guy!
it's annie.orphan hahaha Smile
will email you with my non-orphan email from there.. thanks!
pathology_guy,
thanks for your all nice words and very polite notes.
i wish that you will match in your 1st choice.

orphanannie,
always youngers are more courageous than eldersSmile
congrates for new IV.

harddays,
pathology is always competitive.
here is data from last yrSadWe can't get anything if we do not try)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

howard_roark - 10/01/09 17:59

Hi ALL,
Sorry that I ran into problems posting. I created a table but this format doesnt seem to support tables. So put it into some sort of form. The blanks mean that I couldnt locate the info for that particular field.

If I missed out anyone please feel free to add them to the list and the help would be greatly appreciated.

MEMBER*STEP1*STEP2CK*STEP2CS*STEP3*Yrs-since-grad*VISAstatus*Addon degree*IVs
Peace4all*82*89*P*-*5*GC*MD*2
Sharp*99*98*P*-*9*need H1*Phd*2
Mdphd*99*99*P*-*7*GC*PhD*2
Mdplus*92*88*P*P*10*-*-*-
Durham*88*91*-*-*10+*GC*-*-
Algernon*99*99*P*99*5*need H1*-*5
Sure2010*89(2)*92*P*84*-*EAD*MD*-
Cloud*91*99*P*-*2*GC*-*3
Amfas*99*99*P(2)*99*-*J1*-*7
egyptwithin*99*96*P*-*3*GC*MS*3
Yamma*85*91*P*78*5*need H1*MD*1
Maxeem81*98*98*W*-*-*-*-*-
Mdia*92*87*W*-*-*-*-*2
Prod*92*90*P*-*8*EAD*-*-
Carotid*-*-*-*-*2*GC*-*8
Lemonhh*99*99*P*99*8*GC*-*3
Aprilmay*99*99*P(2)*-*7*GC*-*6
Aduo*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*1
needapartner*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*1
pathopatho*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*1
pollux*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*4
----------------------------------------------------------
i got a very nice notes from a friend sharing with you --

'Life is the journey, not an outcome. You are a good traveler; have the faith to keep on going' ------

Thanks a lot meti for your nice words and your nice post, wishing you too and everyone who are applying for match this year to get matched wherever they wish Smile
hi meti! thanks a lot! Smile haha youngers!.. i remember the codenames from last year in ur post.. if im not mistaken, at one point, carotid had to forego some of his IVs as its waaaay toooo many!.. hang in there meti, i'm sure it will start picking up for everyone as October approaches.. prayed for you guys earlier.. Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »