Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2006 Match - ben
Can anyone give advise on what exam I should go for next in oder to make the match. I have step 2 CK and CS left. Anyone has info on how to start residency application through ecfmg and what is involved in it.
Thanks
Anone knows some info?
I would say go for CS first, as it takes more time for the results. Meanwhile start studying for CK too. Adjust ur studies with ur CS dates.
About application, FIRST - Go to ECFMG website and request for token.
Second, once u get that, register with MyERAS. Go thru my ERAS website, and u will get all info about documents to send, and costs, and filling CAF.
Then, register with NRMP.

There is this website called IMG residency.com (no space inbetween) and they send out this newsletter, chk that out for more info.
Thank you Shri
I plan to take the step 1 in Jan and then step 2 in July. Can I apply for the 2006 match so that I can start my residency in 2007?
Hi Indiandoc123, if you do so, that is not called "apply for 2006 match", that's called apply for 2007 match. Yes, you are right on track for 2007 match.

2006 match starts taking applications from next month on, will end in March. Residency will start in July 2006. So you can't catch 2006 match if you are still to take step 1 next year.

Good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »