Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
prematch@residency_match or anyone else - mariano231
There have been many programs offering prematch during the past years, most of them community based programs.
Is it correct or wise to ask a PD during the interview about his/her policy regarding prematch?
I ask this because I have heard many stories about PDs telling candidates "we are planning to rank you very high" and then going unmatched.
If a PD tells me that his/her program is planning to rank me very high or that they find me desirable for the program, and knowing that this specific program has offered prematch in the past, could I ask politely for a prematch?
Thank you guys.
there is usually no polite way to ask it but it won't hurt you if you do
I believe you can ask politely whether they offer prematches. In the event it is a yes, you can say that you are very sure about ( assuming you are) the program and will be happy to accept if an offer is made. Of course, if the PD says that they do not offer prematches, do not push.
If you are feeling too nervous to ask during the interview, you can mail them later and ask about it too.
But, remember, talk about prematch ONLY if you are sure you like the program.

Regards,
www.residency-match.com
Consider the opposite:
If a candidate tells a PD that he plans to rank the program very high but does not accept a prematch offer.......obviously the program will not consider the applicant anymore.
Thanks hopefulapplicant2011 and residency_match!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »