Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MHA or MPH, who did it? - markglt
anybody out there get an MHA or MPH....if so, how long did it take, what was it like...any and all feedback on these degrees to boost the app/resume...
MPH

Hopkins, Harvard -
MPH

Hopkins, Harvard - less than 1 year
Rest all - 2 year programs.
Some provide home-study programs too.

YEs, it gets you more calls, but more benefits for fellowship.
im not hopkins or harvard material
You need money to go there.....even average credentials are acceptable
trust me i would not get in
@ drrogerfedrer ...

How much money it takes to do MPH .??? and which is better MHA or MPH ..??
markgtl, what's up with you
MPH is better I suppose. Please check their websites for the tuition fees. Its above 40,000 Dollars I think. Some courses are above 60.
I'm doing an MPH right now at a state/public school--cheaper tuition. I'm not doing a graduate assistantship due to wanting to study for Step 3, but I know several people who are doing so and are getting the MPH for free.

I think it's a good idea if you have a gap between graduating from med school and starting residency. I graduated from med school in May 2010 and anticipate starting residency in July 2011. I wanted a resume-filler- so I started the MPH program at a school where I would get in-state tuition and which allowed me to start in the summer term. I won't finish prior to starting residency, but I will finish all but 1 class, which can be taken through distance learning (so I can actually complete it during residency).

I know someone who started their MPH at Hopkins at the same time I started mine at this public school-personally I wouldn't want to be in their shoes-with loads of debt and looking for research assistantships to cover some of the costs. It is prestigious but it costs a ton of money. But not everyone has citizenship and can get in-state tuition so for people who don't have that option, I guess it makes sense to just go for the most prestigious school possible.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »