Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need advise please: those done with step 3 - docz

Hi forum members,

I need to take my step 3 soon, in about 6-8 weeks. I have mostly done MTB and UW qs with my own notes for it. Premier review notes seem to be very, very dense, which is good but i dont think i have time for it . those who have dont this exam and others reading PR: what sections would you absolutely read from PR for the step 3 exam?

I work full time so i dont have a ton of time.

thanks, happy Ganesh Chaturthi and Eid . good luck to all of you in your residency quest.
-docz
Hi docz

I ve never read pr but I think MTB UW and Kaplan Q book are enough.
My experience is posted on step3 forum. I did 4-5 hours reading 5 days a week.

Just my 2 cents, Hope that help.
good luck to you too.
thanks ataxicgirl, I would appreciate input on PR notes.
ataxicgaitsgirl-would you mind posting the link to your Step 3 experience, an score on the test? I did a search of the forum but couldn't find it...I'll look in the Step 3 forum now in case it's recent..
since flintstone has diverted the discussion, I am requesting again about PR notes the best sections to read for step 3
thanks
Hi.
I did only questions mcqs and cases for 2 month and i got 94.
Master the boards by conrad fisher I heard that is a really good book for step3,
good luck
docZ, read all of them, a,ll of tyhem are important, I read all of them, but please read MTB, any other material first, then read PR. Good luck.
thanks a lot aspirin and bazin. all other inputs appreciated, pl chip in.
i read mtb X 4, and actually found it to be a pretty shitty book. im going back to FA step2ck..much better book, i will continue to do uw as i only got a 390 on the nbme and my exam is in 1 month.
thanks mark, im also not too thrilled with mtb but will stick to it and want to add a little bit more. good luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »