Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
filling a interview form - aman321
I got an interview in fm program. its a very smaall program in rural area but is univ affiliated. they gave me a form to fill in which it says -

HOW MUCH IT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU IN A PROGRAM - SCALE FROM 1 TO 5, 5 -VERY IMPORTANT, 1 - least important

1. UNOPPOSED PROGRAM
2. OB TRAINING
3. RURAL SETTINGS
4. NO OF RESIDENTS

- what is the meaning of UNOPPOSED PROGRAM?
- does OB TRAINING means obs gynae?
- What should I fill in RURAL SETTINGS and NO OF RESIDENTS COLUMN?

any input would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi aman321....
I dont know what an 'unopposed'program is.
For the rest, i strongly suggest you look up the residency program's website.

2. OB training: Look up the rotation schedule for the FM program. See how many months' OB rotations u have. If u feel that they stress OB practise, then put it in as a '5'; if u think their OB training is just OK, put in a '3'.

3. Rural Setting: If the program is in a real rral area, answer '5'

4. No, of Residents: do they mean a LARGE no. of residents. Be smart and try to gauge what they want to know about.... if u think the workload is distributed between a very small no. of residents try to pick a number that says u dont care about the no.of residents.

Scan carefully thru their website before u answer.
http://www.dewitt.wramc.amedd.army.mil/r...fault.aspx

look at this. I think 'unopposed' program means you have only FP residents in the programs and other specialty residents are not in competition w you for learning. So if this is an only FP program, pick '5'
thank u very much for ur patient and elaborate answer.
this is a very small program with just 5 -6 residents so i was also confused in no of residents as if i rank it 5 - it may mean i want to be in a program with large no so that workload is less or it may also mean i want to be in a prog with small no so that i will get good chance to learn.

abt UNOPPOSED PROGRAM my guess is it is in which there are no paeds, IM , surgery residents not sure
PLEASE ANYONE ELSE CAN CONTRIBUTE.
HEY SAMOMCUS. THANKS A TON!!!
ur really very helpful. hats off to you
yeah, no of residents q is tricky, so just pick 3, if 3 = not very important.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »