Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which is important??? your in put is appreciated. - ukoptimisticdoc
My understanding about how the selection process works is : Your scores give you interviews, your references, academia, interview performance will give you the job you wanted.
But my confusion is: if you have average scores with good academia, Will you get interviews from any good programmes???. or bcoz ur scores are not great, they will just filter you in the first stage? how many programmes are actually looking at the overall application rather than just scores and filter.
Hi ukoptimisticdoc - I think it is not as black and white as that - I believe it is a mixture of all you stated above, although I do understand that scores are used as a primary filter in many programmes.

I am from the UK - is this your first match? Its mine!
One thing for sure is Scores give you more iv's.

After that it is all the rest of the things you did in your career. With average scores if you mean around 85 then yes it might be tough to get as many iv's in IM but you might get more in Psych, Peds and FM.

I do not think you would have much of a choice between good or bad programs. These days getting in has become extremely competitive and if you have top scores then you have access to good programs.

They have so many applications with top scores these days that they really have very little reason to keep their filter at 80 and look at 1000's of applications. Most programs say 80 on their website but very few actually use it anymore for IM. They just do not have the time and resources to screen each application unless you have high scores.

Bottomline, SCORES are most important first.

Good luck
Hi hncl, yes it's my first match. I am from southampton, and u?? give me your e mail, if u don't mind.

Hi cafe, I totally agree, thank you for a nice reply. Good luck my friend.
Hi ukoptimistic! I am in NCL - my email is: hdncl1, email me! It is great to find someone from the UK!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »