Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there anyone applying with many attempts ? - mr.epi
Guys its too early.. We can still get ivs.
@Terry, busting my ass for Step 3 right now. Family issues are taking priority. Life does not always deal us an easy hand.
Applied only in psych since I have experience in this field. No rejection so far. But I know they won't even send me the rejection e.mail. In the past many people got into residencies with our credentials. But they were there at the right time and thats what matters. Every year I tried to quit but couldn't becoz I have invested so much time and money in it that its like live or die for me. I know I'm delusional as it has become very competitive. They have so many good candidates that they don't need to consider us. But I believe in miracles and hard work. Right now I'm working at a research company and hoping that some day my hard work pays off. I drive 10 hours every week to get back and forth. And when I'm home I sit with my kids and help them with their tests an home work. On weekends I do house chores. The point is life is not easy and there are lots of frustrations but again don't lose hope fight for it.
whats teh most number of attempts anyone has , if you feel comfortable.. i have 8 total.
I can relate to u guys old grad,many attempts, passed step 3 though and cs on my first attempt, please get together we need a support and engouragment.

Thanks u all
i feel like there is such a big taboo if you have many attempts, sometimes in life we go through struggles and it helps us to become stronger physicians. For me personally , it was one of the biggest struggles i have had to deal with . Somehow I just wanted to get through my exams so atleast i could reach the point of applying. I am sure we all have our doubts but its important that we give each other hope , because otherwise life can be depressing !
I have 7 attempts in all. But passed step 3 and csa first time. I think I had trouble concentrating when I was preparing for Step 1 and step 2. Recently I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. May be it was going on at that time and I never realized it. Justifying myself for getting those attemps.
I am wondering for those of us with attempts before step 3. Will step 3 boost our app or not?
to docsammd: I think step 3 is the main thing , because there will be a hesitation for anyone to hire someone with multiple attempts so they will more likely feel comfortable with someone passing step 3, bc then it becomes an issue if you cant pass step 3 while in residency
I passed step 1 on 3 attempt. last year i applied late and got 1 iv and one phone iv, my scores are high 80. I did not match though. but I believe there is hope and I'll match.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »