Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there anyone applying with many attempts ? - mr.epi
@ apple10

are you a US citizen? what's your YOG?
to atl2011: over 5 years, I do not need visa
hi! i would like to contribute, too. it's nice that someone thought of this thread for encouragement and support. i am applying too with many attempts but am not losing hope. i know someone only got 2 iv's last year but was matched. another person got high 90's in the steps but did not match. so hang on everyone, there is hope. no one can really tell what will happen. it's still best to try.
Hi smileysun.... i think there are alot of us out there with similar histories and we all have the same doubts crossing our mind. We all need positive energy to help us get through this process.
we should keep this post alive , any more people wanna comment?
i'm wondering where the line is b/w having hope and being realistic. The rejections are so depressing and i'm considering looking for alternative career paths. It's just so hard to grasp the concept that after this long hard road, my dream is pretty much done :-(
I am in the same boat as well. Multiple attempts on each except for the CS. but Step3 was only once. But i am going to keep going. I have been waiting for this chance to keep going. What specialties are you applying? i did at Peds and Family Medicine. Psych was so very competitive last year that i discouraged to reapply to the same programs, but I will. i had 2 interviews last year but no match. i think i didn't have the recent clinical experience. I tried to improve on that this year. I also passed Step3 in Nov after my application was in.

I am also thinking of Prelim/Transitional Med too. I am just too discouraged for IM. maybe in NY/NJ/PA areas.

where is everyone applying? and keep up the support! it is great to feel like i am not alone!
I'm in this category also. 06/07 Grad FMG, US citizen. Multiple attempts on Step 2. Have not attempted S3 attempt as of yet. Applied last year Sep 1 to a handful of FM programs w/ S1, CK, CS passed finally, and no IV. was going for observership this Aug but fell through with Prog. Dept. at last minute...haven't had a job in medical field/science through all this time. So, haven't applied for the current appl period yet, to me it seems like I would be burning $$ for Token and ERAS instead of realistically chance for IV invitation. Will eventually apply in the next weeks or month or so, no real incentive for me to apply early or apply anyway for that matter. Not exactly the ideal positive hopeful attitude, but that is the difficult reality I think unfortunately those of us in this thread must probably accept.
Guys YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING YOU WANT IN LIFE!!!!!!!!! it takes a lot of freaking hard work and sweating blood. Im in the same boat as well. I have three sons and another one on the way. I am a US citizien and did a fifth pathway year in NEw York in 2006. I have to work full time and be a husband and dad. My father had a stroke when I was finishing 5th pathway and I had to take care of him because he was basically alone with no one to take care of him. My scores are not competitive. step one passed on the 3rd attemp high 70s. step 2 on the 3rd mid 80s CS first attempt pass and taking step 3 first week of Jan. I have not and will not yield to despair. I work in a hospital and I am actually moving accross the country to a hospital where they have a FM residency that is lenient with multple attemps and YOG. Iwill get a job soon there and introduce myself to the PD and weed my way in there with a lot of ass kissing, studying, and WORKING HARD. There is always a way. Cheers.
3 stories I know personally. Last year 3 of my friends of failed CK and one had a failed step 1. They all MATCHED and they did not have stellar scores all 80s on repeat. IM/FP/Psych these are the programs they made it into so there is a TON OF HOPE. Just make sure that u applied early have ERAS complete and wait. Many of us will not get early IVs because of our track record and my friends have all told me to wait until the second week of october before most invites come in.

Programs are now giving IVs mostly to those with 99/99 and AMGs. We have red flags on our records yet hopefully most of us are ECFMG certified and cleared step 3 making us DONE WITH USMLE FO'EVAAA.

Shoot i have one friend with Step 1 80 third attempt, Step 2 83 Second Attempt, Step 3 85 Second Attempt. Had 8 IV for IM/psych and matched Psych at his number one spot.

Something a tad weird I have noticed for those who passed CS on thier first attempts i have read programs FP that have a max attempts step 1 and 2 of five times yet CS on 1st.... WTF???? CS seems to be much more important for FP

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »