Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there anyone applying with many attempts ? - mr.epi
I think it is common sense. If you are a great memorizer you will ace step 1 and 2. Eventually everyone passes these exams. We all know that step 1 and 2 do not define you as a physician yet the CS is the closest exam that will tell programs what type of a doctor you are. There are no second chances on a good bedside manner, a sincere smile, and a good physical exam. I have friends that are 99ers and I wont let them touch me with anything. Cheers
ok, good for the above couple of posters, very much reason to never say die...stay with it!
but those like me for example that have like multiple CS attempts until finally passing, exactly what docsammd wrote, "WTF"? then what? Virtually eliminates any reason to seriously apply to many so-called "less competitive" programs or specialties as per preferred criteria/state medical board permits...

for what my cr@ppy job pays me currently, I'm not interested in sending apps and thus paying $$ ECFMG and ERAS the right to do so, just to expect to get rejection/silent rejection..that's not my idea of fun, or hope or whatever. Oh well, just keep trying and trying then I suppose like everyone that will go the limit at all costs. For me personally, besides a little time and some $$$, after coming this far there's nothing to lose.
rgaraymd:I'm also familiar with FP. Besides assisting you perhaps with uploading documents to ERAS/paperwork, etc, is your FP sponsor affiliation helping you significantly to find meaningful employment position in medicine?
this will be my 5th applying but i have green card this time...attempt in step2 and step3.US experience,currently in masters.
Is there anyone out there anyone with many attempts who got an Interview , who could share what the PD ask them about their test history ?

I feel like with every rejection that comes along i die alittle inside each time, but in hopes of the one email that will invite for an IV!
I was interviewed last year. He said that it is a tough exam but that's great you passed. Shows perseverance. i tried to explain it with some personal trauma but it is hard to say that was the reason for each failure. But in the end, i was asked what i was doing recently, and i had nothing to say that was clinical. and i think that is the reason to reject me otherwise. or i keep telling myself. And with Step3 and now some recent clincial experience, then that is why i am at it again.
to newstartmd: I am glad you are back at again.. i know its a continous struggle , but hopefully in the end we will make it. Did they try to see if you had good clinical knowledge by asking you questions? I am just praying for an Interview.. i need some positive direction right now!
Thanks for the support mr.epi! This was in psych. i had prepared a case to discuss, but the interview was based on my application and clarifications. i was asked a question that was "out-of-the box" about ethical situation that was hard to answer. none of the other applicants knew what to answer for that question and we realized he was the psychoanalysist. so there isn't a right answer to that. but that's how psych interviews go i guess. it was discouraging to say the least. good luck to you! stay hopeful and positive! Don't take the rejections personally. it is really part of the process. hell! you have gone through all the failures in the past for the exams. so this isn't worse is it?
Hi snaggletooth77. My FP office used to keep us in the loop whenever there was an immediate opening or an opportunity to enter a program but in the past year and a half there has been Zero messages from them. I've called them quite a few times but nothing.
hi rgaraymd. thanks for posting back. Ok, sounds consistent with my experience with my sponsor program, I also asked if there's anything that comes up to let me know, and haven't gotten back anything either. Maybe stuff comes up here and there, and maybe many of us need help, and FP contact to help the ones in chronological order of help request, but that's difficult to speculate. Oh well, keep on trying.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »