Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there anyone applying with many attempts ? - mr.epi
all poop programs
@docsammd- thanks for the info...when did you apply to st. john detroit IM and when did they send the rejection?
Silent Rej called friend there told me they where done with IM IVs
i have a question for those with multiple attempts did you guys apply only apply to states who had no USMLE requirement for licensure or to those states in which you met the criteria found on fsmb.org? Does anybody have any input on getting a training license and the attempt limit for different states??
Hi mr.epi. If you want to get a temporary license you have to pass step 3. And for that contact the FMSB the boards, they will tell you which states have no specific requirements. Every year the states change their requirements for the step 3 exam. Also when you go to their web site they have a site with all the information about the states requirement for the license. Although the states where you can't have the permanent license you can still start residency with a temporary license.
You guys are great. This is an excellent thread. Keep it alive. well I am also in the same situation. I have multiple attempts (5) in step-1. Last year had no interview but this year I applied early and I am ecfmg certified this time. I have scores in high 80s and no attempts in CK and CS and good US LORs from externships. Still haven't got any iv yet. I am desperately looking for a job as research fellow or any pharma job because I have a family to provide and huge debt. Please guide me friends if you have any suggestion for me. I'd greatly appreciate yr help. Good luck to all of you. Keep up the high spirit.
Nice thread.Is anybody here apply for psychiatric? I have 1 iv.
@jewel- yeah it's nice to have a thread like this for positive thoughts and encouragement Smile what program/s did you apply to last year? i hope you get iv's this year. we're still waiting for our iv's, too. all the best!
@smileysun- last year I applied late in oct and for int med only. This year I have aplied for psych and fam med too. Hope to get iv this yr. Do u know how to get a job of research fellow or in pharmaceuticals? I am a US citizen BTW.
@jewel- hmmm...sorry i'm not sure about the research fellowship. maybe you can try visiting the websites of the hospitals and inquire/send email to their research department. i'm sure it will be easier for you coz you're a US citizen. good luck! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »