Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is there anyone applying with many attempts ? - mr.epi
@ger2003 - im happy you got an IV , best of luck !

@doc91 - i think certain states you can not do residency if you have many attempts, thats what i was referring to . Step 3 is another issue. In order to do residency in any state you need to get a traininig license and it follows the same requirements for a full licesure. For example Illinois requires no more than 5 attempts on all steps combined.. so you cant do your residency in Illinois if you have 6 attempts , i think

anyone wanna clarify ?
That is what I did when I applied. I checked the FSMB website. There is a list of the state requirements for multiple attempts. I created a list of states. And then went freida and created lists of programs that I might be eligible. And the checked the website of each program to see if it is img-friendly. It was a long process but I felt better about my list. And I am sure I saved a lot of money by doing that.

Good luck everyone! Stay positive even with all the rejections.
I know everybody is not going to like this. Post a list of Rej not IVs so that we can at least know who is at least sending out messages.
CS 3rd attempts, all the others passed at the 1st attempt with scores between 80-88.
to newstartmd: so I am correct in my statement, you just cant apply to every state right ? you have to meet the requirements right ? there are some states taht only talk about step 3 and dont mention step 1 , and step 2 cs + ck .. so you can apply there and states that specifically say no USMLE requirement right ?
hey youngdb i feel your pain.... I fking hated that exam.
Well,I have step 1 (2 att) 75; step2ck ( 1att) 76 ;CS passed; GC holder; residency in ob/gyn in home country,came here after that and did 2 years of ob/gyn research with some publications,mission work in india,ongoing volunteer work in a free clinic. Applied mid september to FM programs and had 2 rejections very soon after applying. Since then heard nothing any more....Hope these are not all silent rejections!
@youngdb,
I'm in the same situation. This exam sucks.
Let's hope for the best.
@ mr.epi- can you please reply to my post (research/job)?
BTW I think u might be right. I also tried to do the same way however took chance and also applied in some states even though they have attempts limitations for license.
For ger2003. I have applied to psych but so far no rejection or IV. For mr. epi. Different states have different criteria on ecan their web sites. Most of the states allow residency on temporary license. But its up to the programs. The PD usualy avoids them becoz they don't want the candidates to leave the state. But its true for MO one can do residency with multiple attempts after obtaining the temporary license.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »