Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABIM (physician-scientist pathway) gather here - ferritin
please post your scores and number of publications
How are the requirements for this pathway? Thnks!
it's probably grad yr..god knows..it's not double 99..otherwise I wouldn't have gotten 15 rej so far..no IVs..anxious...
I am not quite sure about exact details, most of them prefer MD,PhD. But a solid research experience is definetly required. Solid scores are necessary but grad year is not a big issue if you have been doing research since then. this info is from reading about this program on many hospital websites that offer this pathway
OMG, ABIM program is for those AMG who have both MD and PhD program. Don't even think about it if you are IMG.
that is not true. Just like any other program that accepts IMG, this pathway also accepts IMGs if they meet their criteria, in fact I have been to several meetings that actively discuss this issue and they are desperate to train more physician scientists,no disrespect to PhDs but at the end of the day its the MD who can see beyond the actual bench work and research. So please dont share false info. here if you are not sure!
very intereting. Seems like no one has applied to this program
@Ferritin- I have applied to around 20 programs. But I have not heard from them. I am really interested in becoming a physician-scientist. I have not still filled some forms which some programs require after you apply to those programs. Some programs in IL require us to send them the details through email. I need visa too, I found one or two programs who were not happy to have med graduates who need visa as it expires in 6-7 years and our sub-specialty training might not be done by then.
I am not sure whether it is competive or not I have applied to only 3 just to test the luck.
i have very average score 2nd cs attempt grad 6yrs back.
but I have 6 publications and 10 abstarct.
I am not sure should i apply more?
happy to finally hear from somene who is interested. Actually, I have an offer right now from a program in my Univeristy where I am working as a postdoc. I have already used 2 years of H-1. You can always switch to J-1 or the other way as long as your program sponsors you, also if you start with the one year of research you do not have to do your fellowship in the same program and as you said yes, there are some ABIM programs that are not happy to have IMGs. But I dont think its mainly the timeframe that matters but the fact that they just dont want IMGs. Best of luck to you botoxbeauty
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »