Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women attire for interview - nadimgpsych
guys what is the difference btw misses and petites
Hi all, I agree with riotgrrrl..

I am planning to wear a black pant suit.. haven't decided on the shirt yet. I'm worried about the bag.. don't have a "classic" looking bag.. wondering where to find one.. can anyone suggest a few stores or brands which are not too expensive.. and where can I buy a portfolio?

I had started a thread earlier for similar information... posting the link here if someone finds it useful..

http://www.usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=534350-1
Well, I think it actually depends on WHEN is your Interview
I have one in mid dec in chicago area,, so it's gonna be cooooolddd
and i got another one in nevada next month,, totally different approach.

I m wondering about bag too! I found some portfolio in amazon and found $20-30 in staples.
I did not come here to tell you guys to dress inappropriately. I was just answering the question about the skirt that someone asked as to what length. When I said above the knee, it does not in any way imply for you to wear thigh length skirts. Just a teeny bit above the patella. So take the advise with a grain of salt.

Personally, I too am wearing a black pant suit and camel shoes. Camel isnt flashy but it would be something that would break the monotonous tone. I also think that pants would be more comfortable for all weathers.

Yeah this is a job interview and not a fashion studio. We all know that. But I don't think it would hurt to show them you have some sense of style. Again in the end, its not what you look like or what you wear. What matters is that you are calm, collected, confident and can converse well in English with the residents and physician staff.
Guldazz: Misses are genereally for regualr people in the US (average of 5'5 up) while petites are made for people with lesser growth hormones (like moi'). Petites are made so you don't have to send them to a tailor. But the best way to go is look at their sizing chart and see. Im sure it varies from place to place.
thank you so much joysmd
I've been looking high n low for a nice looking bag that's big enough to carry any papers while still being smart n professional, NO LUCK!! Can i carry my regular handbag (which would go well with my suit) and carry a black folder in my hand?
P.S.: I hate wearing men-style shirts with collars n cuffs n boring buttons. Can i wear a silk/satin shirt underneath. Just asking for appropriateness, i know it LOOKs nice.
Thanks for the thread girls!!
hanna123, yeah you can deifintely carry a folder at hand. And like you Im not wearing a buttondown shirt underneath the top. I will wear a nice, flattering styled shirt. A satin/silk underneath is a wondeful idea for as long as it aint screaming 'shiny and glittery'. It gives it more feminine vibe. Heres a sample of a satin shirt under a jacket...

http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/product...ctId=26890&N=1200008&pCategoryId=3939&categoryId=179&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_179&loc=TN&gridSize=sm&showAll=true&defaultColor=Black&defaultSizeType=Regular
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »