Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women attire for interview - nadimgpsych
joysmd, i did not mean to offend you, i was merely stating my opinion. you obviously have a fab sense of style and i can totally relate with you. its very frustrating to have to be restricted and tone things down.
i totally agree with you guys, i'm not wearing a regular button down, it didn't look as cute as i thought it would, so i'm wearing satin/silk with a cute collar. i got a bunch and i'm not sure which i'm wearing yet. this is my favouritest topic. Smile
riotgrrrl: No offense taken Smile Its all good. Were all just here to help each other out. Yeah by far this is my favorite topic. Im sure alot of people would think were shallow for spending time in this forum. But heck who cares! This is my breather amidst the stress we are all in.

Oh I have a bag idea. A framed satchel bag would be great for interviews. It makes one look intelligent Smile If I see one online I will let you know.
@ joysmd : No doubt that silk shirt looks awesome but can one really wear a cowl neck pattern to the interview?
I am wearing black pant suit . Its not plain black instead it has light blue patterns on it. And the shirt I am wearing is light blue with collar.
What should we wear for the dinner as most programs offer a dinner a day before the interview.
Is there any1 wearing head scarfs????? What kind of head scarf look professional?
I need suggestion about shoes , jewelery and bag, portfolios??
girls..does anyone have a take on HEELS for a tall person..i'm TALL. so will heels make me look intimidating..
I do wear them occasionally but then half the people in the room end up shorter than me..
shwetagari: The link I posted was merely to show that a silk shirt underneath works. I was not, in any way, referring to the cowl neck design. If you have the guts to wear the cowl neck, I say yes. As you can see, the photo has a classy-feminine feel to it. It looks professional and not trashy. Its all about the fact as to how you carry the outfit of your choice and if you are confident to wear it Smile

Docshruti: Its really up to you. I dont think that programs would think bad about you if you decide to wear heels. Its not a must to wear heels but just choose a pair of shoes that makes you confident and comfortable.

Dr. Fever: I do not wear head scarves BUT I believe that it is one beautiful thing to wear. Ive seen some beautiful ones out there. If you are wearing a patterned or colorful head scarf, then I suggest using simple jewelry.

BAGS BAGS BAGS...it depends if you want to get one that lasts a lifetime or just one for the entire interview season. I saw a few ideas from In Style Magazine (Sept 2010 issue) about bags and it specifically says that Satchel's are great for 'work interview'. Heres a sample of one of the bags

http://www.toryburch.com/p-121494-OVERSI...TCHEL.aspx

Hope that helps.
@dsprte2match : Don't wear anything inside your blouse and skirt. This is the good method to seduce PD and PC including other candidates.
Here are a few ideas for the IV dinner. Im only refering to the tops okay. These two go well with a nice pair of pants (NOT JEANS). The second link might be a little too much so make sure you keep your pants and shoes simple.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/pro...?cid=51420&vid=1&pid=783990&scid=783990002

http://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/sto...maxRec=144&pageId=1&productId=570006392&viewAll=&prd=Menswear+Inspired+Sweater+Jacket&subCatId=&color=&fromSearch=&inSeam=&posId=7&catId=cat210006&cat=New+Arrivals&onSale=&colorFamily=&maxPg=9&size=
Thanks joysmd for sharing. This thread is my most fav! I m wondering if I should button up my suit coat or leave it open to show the shirt? I m really thin and petite. Is there anyway not to look like petite? Hehe. And I don't like men style shirt either. But haven't found a good silk or satin shirt. Can we wear ruffled collar shirt to the interview?
http://www.anntaylor.com/catalog/product...ctId=27385&N=1200005&pCategoryId=3939&categoryId=183&Ns=CATEGORY_SEQ_183&loc=TN&gridSize=sm&showAll=true&defaultColor=Glazed%20Fig&defaultSizeType=Regular

would it be too much for dinner?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »