Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women attire for interview - nadimgpsych
Guys I am planning to waer grey long skirt, its a separate but i cannot find exact grey shade for blazer can i use black blazer instead would it look odd grey skirt with black blazer or it would be ok ? what should be the color of undershirt then.
Hanna123 I m thinking to unbutton my coat to show my shirt underneath Big Grin but I m also wondering if it would be unprofessional or not.
Riotgrrrl I m thinking of wearing a blazer on top of that blouse for dinner. It is a bit pricey. So I m thinking to buy it only if I could not find lesser price.
I m going to H&M and forever 21 today Smile
this shopping is the only way to survive in this stressful interview season.
Guldazz: The blazer does not have to match the bottom. Black would go well with the grey shade skirt. As for the undershirt, I would go with white or you can be creative like this one:

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/elizabeth-and..._affiliate&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=webgains&cm_mmc=affiliate-_- webgains-_-UK-_-my-wardrobe&src=webgains-uk&siteid=48946

Just a thought...wouldnt it be funny if all of a sudden all women will wear satin as an undershirt during interviews? Smile
@hanna123,

If your black suit fits you very well and it is very hard to see the difference between the pants and the jacket, then there is harm of wearing it. Just be sure it is really difficult to note the difference.ASk many people to see them and tell you their opinion

All the best
@joysmd,
That is a nice idea also. You know I have one black pants and a grey jacket, I think I will use them also.
Joysmd I will be guessing if i see satin shirt in interview and might ask if it is u or riotgrrl or hanna123 hehe
Another stupid question, I have hair bangs. Is it considered unprofessional?
lol. I'm gonna wear a grey crepe shirt underneath my black pant-suit like the one in the picture, except it isnt a cowl-neck (i lurrrrrv those though) and a Fendi head-scarf, except i'm hoping the 'F's on it wont piss the PDs off Smile) What do you think joysmd?

@Guldazz, as long as it looks professional, it should go. Make sure the skirt into too 'flarey' or looks casual.
Try to keep it as simple as possible. But, I believe there is nothing like unprofessional!
my alternate shirt is an awesome midnighty-velvety-purple satin shirt i just bought the daybefore at forever21. They have other fab colors in Salmon, pearly-Jade, Red. Until I can afford to go to Saks (which if you really wanna go for a fellowship isn't going to be for the next 6 years), Viva la F21.... I just can NOT go to that store and come out empty-handed.

Girls, also try Tommy Hilfiger, they have some really nice sweaters you can try out for pre-IV dinner or to wear underneath the blazer. NY&C also has some similar ones which are a little less expensive, but lovely colors all the same.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »