Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women attire for interview - nadimgpsych
medicinelegal..i got the woodland shoes. I love them
I have bought a black pinstripe from van heusen (i agree that the fit is better than allen solly) but I would prefer the jacket to be an inch or two llonger..the pants are ok
the grey pinstripe was also
This is an awsome thread! Pls could someone help me with pre iv dinner and iv attire if one is around 33weeks pregnant?
pre iv: black/grey dress with something chunky around the neck is that ok?
iv: i guess i have to buy a maternity suit?
any worthwhile suggestions appreciated!
Thanks
Hanna: Yeah it looks good. That one will work but make sure not to wear it like a messenger bag. You can just hold it in your forearm. Another place to check out is Wilson's Leather (they have an outlet store too).
Hanna123 MAC brush is insane. But I m sure it is worth the money. I have very sensitive skin, I don't normally wear makeup but I think it might not be a good idea to without makeup at all.
Joysmd Thanks for the idea. U r so awesome.
Riotgrrl I m gonna ask a satin shirt girl if it is u or not if I see one in interviews.
Littledoctor: Im not a fan of make-up either. I rarely wear one but I think its important to wear one during interviews. Just to take out the shine at least. Buy a Mineral Powder (good for sensitive skin), a blush and a lipgloss. That should cut it.

For all our pregnant followers, this one is for you! http://www.apeainthepod.com/maternity/work-clothes.asp

I love this forum! Its my de-stressor.
Thanks joysmd..i've been looking around..can't afford expensive stuff, and this one is a bit pricey too, but under the circumstances, I'm in a bit of a hurry, it will have to do. Do let me know if you find any other nice stuff in black.

@rmhzrna: try one of the dedicated maternity places. If you are in NYC or other places with a significant jewish population, they have boutiques with awesome maternity clothes in black/formal. I saw something exactly the way you described in one window.

@littledoctor24: I think atleast a bit of make-up is needed for IVs. I hate heavy make-up too. Just gonna use the foundation, a bit of eye make-up and a clear gloss Smile, some of the Loreal shades in the boxy tubes are really great and affordable under $10. The other day i picked up a gloss from elf (for $1), it is pretty cute-looking AND yummy! Smile)
@joysmd thanks very much for the link and thanks to hanna123,i will check out some outlets in Phoenix...
@joysmd @riotgrrrl thanks for all the information. I am gonna go and check at macys. I think I found my soul mates in fashion here Smile this thread should last forever.
Big Grin
i wish we had macy's and H&M here Sad

@littledoc: i have bangs too, nothing unprofessional about it!! i hope they behave though. if it sticks to my head i'm gonna end up playing with my hair during the interview. THAT is unprofessional lol
@rmhzrna: my friend is pregnant as well. i think she's trying to go for a suit BUT i'm not sure if it will fit her by then. she's gonna be due end of december :S

girls.. makeup is essential. none of that smokey eyes red lipstick of course! but a little black eyeliner, mascara, blush and lip gloss will make you look smart and hot. you don't want to look like you just rolled out of bed and didn't put any effort! and i emphasize the blush. it makes a huge huge difference. i'm a lip gloss addict. victoria's secret is awesome, its 5 glosses for $25 and lasts forever!
this is such a lovely thread.... you girls are making the interview sound more like fun. I like dressing up for occasions, but never looked at the interview in this way.... this is wonderful
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »