Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot Flashes - verysmartgirl
Can someone help me telling mechanism of Hot flashes inmenopausal women,i mean which hormone is responsible ..FSH,LH or its controlled by Thalamus or how they develop?
Thanx
Although the exact mechanism responsible for hot flashes remains unclear, numerous neuroregulators are involved: LH levels surge before the flash; hypothalamic norepinephrine activity increases; adrenocorticotrophic hormone and growth hormone levels rise after the flash; and beta endorphin levels decrease at the onset of a flash and rise significantly after it subsides (1). As ovarian function diminishes, hot flashes become more frequent, and some women experience progressively more severe disruption to nighttime sleep and daytime functioning.

it is interplay of many things as estrogen level alone cant do it. because estro. level in symtomatic and asymtomatic women are same. it has to do with hypothalamus and temperature regualting mechs. we dont need to know this i guess.

good luck VSG. I AM SORRY FOR COMPLEX ANSWER. By the way i answered your last question where you asked where i am from i am from india , now in USA. WHEN YOU ARE TAKING YOUR EXAM?
VSG, it is too early for you to talk about hotflashes. You get them during menopause.
Thanx Usmlevikki,i knew that u'll know something about everything.Why i was asking this b/c i did one q where 16 year old girl with high FSH level(Hypergonagotrophic hypogonadism) gets this,in menopause also where FSH is high they get this,so i thought me be its somehow connected to FSH. And in case of carcinoid syndrome where serotonin gets high they gets this.And i thought Hot flashes looks similar to night sweats, u get in TB.........i know from other symptoms we can exclude TB.But just for curosity what is behind this phenomenon!!!Thanx for ur explaination, and i read that u r from Great India.I am planing to take my test by the end of this month,i am done with UW and now will review FA and take nbme.Do u think i need to read my IM kaplan also before taking nbme?
Aju-baju: Yeah its very early for me,but still u know, u never know,so keeping myself reday.......Sad and thanx for giving me ur dress.i'll use it on CS.
hey VSG ...anytime. you are welcome.if you are done with kaplan notes twice( i had to do three times as i am slow grasper) go for your nbme. before exam review your kaplan n uw notes. i see another 99 in making i guess.
Thanx again Vikki, but i dont want 99, high 80s are enough for me,remaining i can handle in Interviews i guess(if they will call me,and if i will get done with these tests ontime)SmileSmile.
Bye and Take care,good luck for part1.
VSG, when are you taking your exam?
Ajubaju, by the end of sept. n u?
Didn,t you read my exam experience?
Ajubaju How can forget that exam experience!!! but dont know where i was when i asked this stupid thing,sorry.So now if i am not wrong u have to take step 1,right?when is that one?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »