Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a help sincerely - bablo
Hi guys,

99/98/pass/81-first attemp, 2 month USCE, 3 us lor.
Many rejection but no IV so far.

I can't understand wht's the problem. Wht should i do besides waiting?
I do not know. I am sorry. All we could do is wait...
What specialty did you apply? How many Applications?
I have applied in IM-140, ped n FM lately 33
yes, still you have time to get IV.

but i am wondering how did you make your CAF.
Why have you applied for back up?
have you focused you CAF for IM or Ped or FP?
How have your lor written, favoring for iM?FP?Ped?
it's very important.

your credentials are very good, you should get few IV by now.
but still i think university programs haven't send IV, even many community programs.
so keep your hope alive.
and, also PS important.
Sorry to tell u this but many programs filter via the last score they receive. So if u made an 80 on step 3 your application may be filtered out even though u have a 99 step 1.

This is the scariest part of taking step 3 and not doing well.
docsammd
where did u get that info about the last score?
@docsammd- dont want to offend you but , thats not true. i have met few pds and chief residents. they told me that they just require step3 paasing because if you need h1 - you need state med license and for this license , you need step-3 passing. it may be that step3 of 90 + or 99 might have effect in very few hospitals, but not in majority. step-3 scores does not make that much difference as step1 and ck .
@bablo- can you specify your usce , as all hospitals does not consider obsie as usce , even if it is done is very good place, except in harvard and few others where there is a structured obsie for img .
hang in there. oct generally has more ivs than sept, every year. so it is too early to press panic button.
good luck to allSmile
hi your scores are good, but sort of in the twilight zone coupled with your limited (donno what kind of) usce. i see tat u have not included a home lor. if you have one, just assign it to programs. it is difficult to come make a very strong reco or for it to be seriously considered as such based on your 3mnth usce unless its an extraordinary 3 mnths. also ur yr of grad could play a role. but in all u might just abt sneak in this yr. its very good tat you completed s3 with a good number. dont lose hope. gl.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »