Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old IMG - harmless
Lets keep hoping. I graduated 20 years ago, had lots clinic experience in my home town conutry, not have very strong credentials ( 84/85/ cs 2 attempt). still here ..and read this forum. Who knows what is going to happen...
I admire your gumption but dude you gotta be realistic here. You don't stand a chance. I don't mean to be crass but unless you're sleeping with a program director I don't see how you can even be considered for an interview.

Why would you put your family through all this hardship?

Please tell me that you at least have some extensive research experience.

My advice head north of the border, I hear Canada pays their Primary Care Physicians well. You're obviously in it for the money so don't bore me with the "i would like specialty training" routine.

I know everybody thinks their shit don't stink but with your scores and year of graduation did you even think you were a viable choice as a candidate?

No. I don't think so. You are selfish and subjecting your family to undue hardship because you heard about some of your colleagues making the big mullah in the US.

Heed my advice. I am not here to ridicule you. I am the voice of reason. I am only stating what you already know deep down inside.

Moofmonster has left the building.
harmless,

Hang in there. There are still oppertunities.
Opportunities my ass.

harmless should know better. He has a greater chance of being hit by a truck or struck by lightening. He knows that and so does every one else in this cesspool of a forum.

The only way he's matching is if he's got some serious connections otherwise he's toast.

Moofy is all up in this shit.

You guys don't have the balls to say what you're really thinking. I am sure harmless appreciates my brutal honesty.
@moofmonster: Do you think "harmless" is not aware of all the stuff you just vomited? People like you who think they are the voice of reason are simply rude and bitter due to their own experiences.

@harmless: I would keep trying and at the same time try and get myself to look for opportunities in clinical research as well. I am sure you'll have a better chance of matching with some graduate degree (not MPH) from the US and/or clinical research experience.
@dr_gogo : Sometimes people need to hear it from others in order for it to reverberate and supersede that barricade called self denial.

Definitely you will have chance if you could get >1yr usce in university hospitals and 4 great us lors
Hi harmless,
I have a friend who graduated more than 15y ago, has plenty of research experience and his scores are average. He didn't match the first time but got some USCE and matched last year in one of the Harvard programs. So contrary to what some think it is possible to match as an old IMG even without sleeping with the PD. Good luck!
How do you propose he gets 1 year of USCE at a university hospital lol

He would have to match in a prelim or transitional year program. Thats a tall order.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »