Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old IMG - harmless
To moofmonster

I have a very good research job . yes, strong research too.. Plus I never quit job for this tought process...Maybe I am selflish but it's a dream. One of reason, why I am doing this, is from my sons's support, two college students. We lose nothing if we keep trying. I fully understand all PDs want to take bright young one, I will do same thing....if I am a PD.

Don't give up please....
Life is tough...but it's fun. Thanks all your guys ..
@ moofmonster ,

We are here struggling ...i think our family are very proud of us. I am a mom of two college students. They really appreciate what I have done. My sons Helped me with My english lots. Don't be too negtive, Please. I am doing this for fun...even it's bitter sometimes.

Didn't know you were a mom.

I feel like an ass now.
Hi harmless !

Ofcourse there is hope and chances always, remember the famous phrase " THE ONLY BATTLE LOST IS THE ONE WE ABANDON "

Myself, I'm 18 years since graduation, so far 2 IV, applied on the 13th., so far 12 rejections with 2 IV's.

Just ask any hospital nowdays, almost everywhere there are + 40 yo residents, so moof just hold your horses, you will get your share to enjoy, nobody needs your pessimism.

Community programs sometimes go for years of clinical experience on candidates. So there is hope for everybody. Do not be affraid of some oldies but goodies. This dream is for everybody to sleep on and hope for a better tomorow.

Fowley9 has spoken ! ............ or written for that matter :- )

@moofmonster,

No problem, I really apprecaite your honest. I think you are still very young. Life is just a begining for you. good for you,

I have to say my life has travelled a somewhat circuitous path; but I believe that I am all the better for it. and I won't give up...that is why I called it as harmless . I am ready to face anything here....

Lets keep hoping.
@harmless

You have a chance. You should try fellowship also. then after your fellowship do your residency.
@fowley9,

Thanks..
Congrats for 2 IVs....good start.
I love you guys for sharing your stories of inspiration.

I felt really alone today but after reading this over lunch, I don't feel so alone right now.
When I become a PD I will be happy to recruit you.
@ tnraps

I did many years PhD and Posdoc fellowship too...wished this will help little. who knows

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »