Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old IMG - harmless
@moofmonster

Thanks, See, you made me happy now. you will recuit me if you are a PD.

Hahaha..

Guys, Life is tough. I believe we are here because we all love medicine. Practicing clinic is not fun as most people think about except you like it. Money is not first issue. My son alawys says he can do other things for making more money than being a doc. I think so too..
Harmless, you can do it. It just takes so much to have gone as far as you went, don't quit now. Take step 3 try to get a score above 90, get some USCE, doesn't need to be in a University. Apply to programs where you meet the requirements(there are many). There are many programs that look beyond scores or year of graduation, they look for maturity, experience and personality. You have been in clinical practice all this time, and that is a big plus.
I've graduated more than 15 years ago. I was away from medicine for 8 years. I have 5 IV so far. It can be done. I really wish you the best!!!!

To moofMONSTER, I wonder what gives you the right to be so judgemental and think that you know everything, "the voice of reason". You are an Ahole, that's what you are!
@ cochausa

Thanks very much. I won't quit. lets try our best.

@chchausa

I get that a lot. The truth hurts and the voice of reason has spoken.

Dont give up ,yes easy to say,
but sometime false encouragment ruins life, Ya I also did not give up ,still not giving up ,but very sad to see rejections.

I am sure I c'nt get IV without any good connection and may be US experience will help.but they dont allow to touch patient how can we have USCE?

I think go on waiting ,also doing something for the survival will be best!!
@sunima

Feel same way here. Moofmonster said right, the truth hurts. But we have to think as real Doc. I am a very old- old IMG....All my home Med classmates keeps making fun of me....they all suggested me to pursuit a CEO position in USA not a residency ...hehehe....but they are really proud of what I am doing now.

who will take a 45 years old IMG as a CEO????....hahah

I got a fake IV notice, next days is gone....but have 10 rejetcions. i tried not to come here to read the forum, but can't control myself.

Dear harmless

I also am more than ten years postgraduation and the proud mother of a college boy. Last match was the first one for me and I got in. You are so right: no matter what will happen my son it's the best thing that ever happened to me. I am so grateful for my son, like you are I'm sure. Just keep your faith.

Good luck to you and all moms/dads out there.
@ patpelletier

Thanks lots...I will have great sleeping tonight..
What does this old mean?

Is that offense if we would like to 'resume' our medical career even after continuous work in medicine? Is that offense to study? Doesn't it indicate we are good in our all patient and hardwpok when really we did well in scores and all with job and family?

definitely i am not giving up Smile

dear patpelle,
i wrote you in imgspouse's post.
hope you will have a wonderful Christmas with kidsSmile
GOOD FOR harmless,must be strong character !
High appreciation!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »