Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Img Need Help !!! - img007
Hi everybody,
I am a wife of a Physician who came here to USA 7 years ago.I came here with him but as we had a kid & no help here in the beginningtotally new place ( I didn™t have any plan to give USMLE back then?),I preferred to stay at home Mom ( because,we had plans to go back to our home country after 3 years.as I had already MD degree..I was secured to start my own practice in my home countryIndia! ) Now,how these years passed..I don™t knowvery quickly, my husband built his own practice here,my kids grown up.but,I am still there at my own old spotno progress ? Now,we are thinking to go back to our country seriously before our kids refuse to go back their native country ? Should I start thinking about USMLE at this stage of life ..in my late 30s ? In India,we have to start from the scratch as we don™t have any established practice therebest we can hope that somebody can sell their own practice in the exchange of coming here to USAha ha ha ? Any sincere advice will be highly appreciated ? Somebody got through this..or this is only me in this situation?
Please post your reply.
Thanks
hi 007,

I'm not from india but still came from a different country. I know how it is and I can understand all the reasons that make you stay here as well as all the reasons that makes you think about going back. Maybe I'm not the best person to give you this advice, maybe there are some other things that I'm missing from your situation, but what I know is that after I came here 5y ago I just stopped belonging to that world back home and I'll never be totally integrated in the world I'm living in right now either. I guess this was the price I paid for being here. I think this happens to everybody, so you are just nostalgic now thinking about home. Did you go to visit since you came here? I did, and I coudn't wait to come back even if I'm missing very many things from there. In my opinion, there is no way back, it's just a one way trip called progress. It doesn't really mater where you live, your values will be the same and it's just up to you to rise your kids acording to those values.

Anyway, as you can see, you've been here for a while even if you wanted to go back sooner, so you never know. Maybe in 5y from now you'll be in the same situation regreting that you didn't take your exames yet. In my opinion it would be fair to make the decision to go back or stay just after you'll have equal chances here and there. I mean, after you'll start to practice here too. I bet you had a reson for coming here in the first place. Smile

At the end it's just your decision, but you should be aware of the fact that we don't always do what we would like to do. And life is too short to just wait to see what happens. Smile
Late 30s???? Do you feel old??? Don't wait till you WILL feel old!

If I would be you, I would go for USMLE! Smile All the best for you!
dia wats ur 2 digit magical score??
soccer, i didn't get my score yet.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »