Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
still no IV.......... - mlegal2011
was on the edge of the cliff all this week..
and now falling off it....
dont think i can make it this year...
all the best to all u guys out there...
may all of u match to your fav programs..
i understand how are you feeling, on the same boat, i dont even get any rejection for last 10 days, its horrible. Sad may I know ur profile, just to figure our what exactly is affecting our application?

Mine is 89/99/83/all 1st attempt/2004/research/observership. no iv yet. may be 6-7 rejectios, did not count properly.
my inbox is empty too for the last 2 weeks.. may be more than that..
creds 99/91/first attempt/2008/obsie.......
dunno what went wrong..
and i havent even got rejections in these past 2 weeks..
got a few in the middle of september, and then nothing..
its like they threw my application straight to trash or something..
creds are similar except my grad year, for me i think its only my grad yr. Sad i know mlegal, have the same feeling, atleast rejections can say that they read our application. nothing from their side is very disappointing. Don't know what to do, thinking of plan B.
mlegal and neversaydie, how many programs did you apply? because i applied to about 120 IM prog and have got 18 rej. so may be if your inbox is silent your appln is still being considered.... dont lose hope is all i am saying
doc129, i applied to 110 IM, around 60 FM. i know what u r saying, but statistically atleast 70% programs dont care to reject u, which is called silent rejection. so it really is not a hope anymore not to get rejection. may be 1 more week left, but i can not be falsely hopeful anymore. thanks for ur support.
doc129, i applied to 140 IM, 40 FM and 10 peds..
and still no iv, and no rejection..
everybody in this forum just kept my hopes high all these days saying oct first week would be the tsunami or whatever of the ivs/rejs..
not even water drops for me......... Sad
there is chance till end of 1st week of november. after that it is just small chance here and there but dont count on it much.
Lemme guess you thought whining about it would help?

Your credentials are so middle of the road amidst the highly competitive applicant pool this year that you are going to have to wait for the applicants in the upper echelons to prematch or cancel ivs for the IVs to come trickling down to you.

Now be a big boy and deal with it.

There are thousands of people like you. Its time to play the waiting game.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »