Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nursing for IMG - jewel
I am trying to find out info about what is the fastest way to get nursing degree and be RN in US. I am ecfmg certified US citizen with multiple attempts in step-1 so very diffi to get resi. What are the requirements for admission in nursing school in US for people like us? Please share any info. Thanks and good luck friends.
Your requirements will be the same as other candidates for nursing, no exemption. May be some nursing school give accept your credits of anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, pathology.
why dont you try PA school instead. WIll take the same amount of time, and maybe the may accept some credits, cz even an RN is not good enough unless you then become an NP.
All PA program are private schools based. They have many prereq., before applying. After in line ,they choose 5 students out of 100 students, $55000 tution fee, only

Most nursing schools are community based, be in line, they give you admission, affordable tutition.
hmm...didnt know that kauser.
I tried PA schools, many many times. They never accepts your credits, many prereq, GRE,no guarantee of admission. In addtition they need 500 or 1000 hrs of on hands on experience as Medical assistant or nursing tech. I can tell you the whole story.
Really depends on what kind if personality you have.. Bedside nursing is a very humbling profession yet very rewarding.. with lots of job opportunities... Think of how many RNs a hospital needs compared to NP or PA..Lots of overtime opportunities ..in the end most bedside RN has >gross annual income than PA or NP But if you are a kind of person who wants to be a boss rather than a servant, then bedside RN is not for you. ..

Some universities offer a fast track RN program here in Miami. A friend of mine had MD to RN for < 2 years.
I do agree what kind of personality you are. But come to real life story. In USA you need tom pay your own bills, face the reality, no one to feed you, even after getting ECFMG certificate, you need a lot of money to travel, stay and applying for residencies.
In USA, medicine and nursing are both seperate depatments. Department of medicine is not nursing boss, like in Inda or Pakistan. RN must question MD, if he/she wrote something wrong by mistake.
thanks kauser and rnadal1 for input.
Do we need toefl? what are the prerequisites courses?
Google "MD to RN" programs
I read sometime back they have such programs in Florida...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »