Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upmc - shahare
PD is very cool and sweet. U will be interviewing with ppl from your feild of research so it will vary

What r u you Credz
nothing extraordinary. I wonder why did they give me a call.
Do you think their AMGs would go to Medical College of Georgia, Albert Einstein or even Indiana University?

I agree there are a few good in there- U Mich Gastro and UPMC-Hemat/Onco. But you have to realize that usually one jumps to a better fellowship program after residency. It is opposite here- you come down- MCG and Indiana- seriously??
Whatt? My field of research + PD...2 Interviews?
r u in research??
If you don't have calls from any good places, then it might be fine. But otherwise I would not want to be at a place where I am treated as a secondary resident. I would rather be at a program where they treat their AMGs and IMGs equivalently. Once you get into a program, everyone should be at the same level.
there's UCLA , UCSF, CCF, John's hopkins, U PITT and Indiana
Well to each his own perception.
Did you get to interview in the division you had mentioned to them?? Has that to be the division I am doin research?? Plzzz clarify this.
You have to take into consideration the fact that most residents come in with good amount of research. UPMC gets credit for putting them into good fellowship, but it is actually their earlier research that counts.

The most attractive part is the prematch though. Once you get done, you are anxiety free!

My friend who interviewed there last year said that they really try to sell their program. In fact, the residents are coached to tell everyone that do not decline the prematch if it comes your way.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »