Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reviews: IV Online Prep w/Dr Brian, Session 2 - drbrian
Dear Docs,

We just finished the 2nd and final day of the ‘Interviewing Seminar w/ Dr Brian’. I just want to thank the students in this session for their patience & understanding. During the 1st day of the session, I felt a little under the weather and my performance, as far as I was concerned, was not at 100%. The night before Day 2 (Oct 14th), I felt very ill, with a high-grade fever and body pain, forcing me to postpone Day 2 until the 15th.

Even under the stress of being under the gun as their interviews approached, they responded with well wishes and were flexible enough to attend Day 2 today. I did give everything I have and hoped it was a productive (and fun) day for all.

I have asked each of them to please post an HONEST and thorough review of the lecture/seminar, noting both positive and negative points that may help both those already enrolled and those considering enrolling decide if the program is right for them or not. It will also help me learn more about what to continue doing and what can be improved.

Thanks and Best Wishes,
Dr Brian

Ps- for more information about the seminar and future dates, please google: The USMLE Zone Webinars or email theusmlezone
As recommended by a close friend who did an IV prep with Dr Brian last year, I enrolled w/o hesitation. This is my first match and being an old grad, I don't want to take chances. I want to do everything to make this my one and only match experience. After attending the 2 sessions, I can say that it's all worth it and that I am more confident now to do well in my incoming IVs. Day 1 session dealt mostly w/ pre IV preparations. Dr Brian discussed extensively all the important things we need to do/prepare, even minor things/details that may have slipped our mind despite the OCness in most of us. Unfortunately, Dr Brian got sick on scheduled day 2 (Thur) and had to reschedule today. It's worth the wait though because we learned a lot about common Q&A today. He taught us how to smartly and humbly address each question, with all honesty and respect.. Personally, it's not how good Dr Brian that impressed me most but his good heart and sincereness to help us do better. To note, we were only scheduled for 8h/session but we always ended up extending for >2h. He also took time to really go over each of our answers, finding ways to improve it no matter how silly it sounded at first. Overall, it was a very productive experience which I can personally recommend to those who want to ace their IVs . ..

I attended this 2 days webinar and I am very happy that I did that! It was very good, I am more confident now to go to the interviews. Dr. Brian covered the whole interview process, from when to arrive to the hospital till the thank you note. We practiced lots of questions, he guided us to find individually the best answer. Actually for me it was even better that we had that 1 day break, because I was so tired after the first day. This course is very intense (but also fun) I did not want to miss a moment. I made notes that I will use when I practice with my friends. I can recommend this course to everyone who really want to be good at the interview. I already recommended to my friends, two of them are enrolling. Dr. Brian, thank you for all your help!
sasvarij "originally from..."
I attended Dr Brian s second session.It is indeed very useful.It teaches one how to successfully approach each and every question.It is like a crash course of what to expect and how to be adequately prepared.Dr Brian gave each and every student individual attention tailored to his/her needs.I personally recommend them to everybody who wants to stand out at the interviews.
My husband and a friend of us attented Dr Brian lectures last year, i remembered with great pleasure all the nice things they said about it. So I decided to take the lectures this year. I'm also an old graduate with few chances to suceed, so every minor detail that I can achieve in my interview is a great advantage against the other applicants. The lectures were amazing, he is a very thorough person, very responsible (and I'm saying that related when he was sick eventhough he gave more than his health allowed) and also he is a very friendly-sounding guy, which makes the whole experience even better. Common!!... Dr Brian spoke more than 10 hours every day, never stop, never complain, always trying to apologize to be sick and worrying just above us.. he deserves all my respect.
What I learned the most? how to behave, my attitude, what to say, how to say it. As an hispanic person I speak tooooo fast, and he taught the best technique to improve it (by the way that works for me even in the real life Smile ) The phrases he used, I mean I wrote everything, because every minute with him was gold for me. Also, he was very personalized even we were a big group(12 people), trying to fit every answer to every personal situation.
Now I know for sure I going to suceed at my IV, even better I know that next year I will start my residency. That confidence is what he gave me. For all docs outhere, take the course, is totally worth it...
Hi, just a few quick updates.

~ A 4th session was just added to accommodate the docs that prefer to attend the lectures during the weekdays (Oct 27th/29th). Session 3 takes place this upcoming weekend, Oct 23rd/24th.

~ Thanks to the above alumni from Session 2 for the kind words. Since it doesn't seem like anyone has mentioned any, 'negative' points (yet) for the seminar, I'll admit to a few potential concerns that someone might have regarding the IV workshop:

A) be prepared for a long day. While the lecture is scheduled for 8-hours for the IV specific teaching, its not unusual to go for hours longer on other related, Match-relevant topics. You need to be comfortable eating at your computer B) I have a tendency to be very nit-picky and critical down to the very last detail, particularly with word choice and delivery of the answer. While I try to do this as friendly as possible, please keep this in mind if you do not take constructive criticism well C) It can take me up to 24-hours to respond to emails, largely because I've been personally handling all the logistics up until now, on top of my work obligations.

I understand that deciding to attend this seminar is a Leap of Faith, especially considering that outside of the Step 3, the Interviews are your last, best opportunity to convince programs to offer you a residency position. Why, after a long, difficult road full of sacrifices that have earned you interview offers, would you turn to a complete stranger to help prepare you? I don't know. I can say that for those that have taken the leap with me, I dedicated every ounce of energy I had to thank you for trusting me with this important step towards residency.

Thanks again for the kinds words and please let me know how your IV's go.

~ Dr Brian

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »