Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
visa almost over!!!HELP - born4usmle
hi ..
i am here in B1 visa and its getting over on november ..

i am just done with c.s. so have no chance for any iv calls also ..
will u plzz suggest what should i do to extend my visa???
Don't extend it. Go back and come again in one month or just few days before your interview. If the officer asks the reason for your early return, tell him that you got the invitation for this interview recently. Nowadays, they are rejecting the extension petitions for no reasons.

Good Luck
Hi Born,

If I were you, I would not try to extend the visa . I would rather leave the country and come back. Don't try to extend you visa? They have become very strict these days.

Thanks
Peace
If you don't have interviews scheduled in november or before, leave now and come back before the interviews.
thanyou guys for suggestions .

well , some ppl do suggest me to join MPH / MBA here to convert my B1 to F1 . they say thats once i go back its very hard to get the visa again ..
so am a bit worried ..is all my hard work going into vain????
Are you on a single entry visa? Then converting into a F1 VIsa is a good idea. Don't try MPH as it is very late for you to get an admission. Try joining Kaplan on Step 1 course.

Hey, somebody has tried this. You can apply for an extension just before your time is ending and it will take some time for the extension to be approved or rejected. But you can stay till it is approved or rejected. Someone did this. But not a doctor though. Ask for suggestions, I am not sure how long will it take for the extension rejection or approval. I am not very sure about this option, ask the experts. But this is just one more idea which can help sometimes.
I did exactly as hackensack did... before I get the result, I was ready to go home. So, I canceled the extension. I am now in a residency with J-1.
If you want to extend your visa, you have to apply 45 days before the expiration otherwise your chance of getting extension will be very low. I will advise you to go back to your country if you don't have financial problem. GL
thankyou guys . do b in touch
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »