Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A nice post from another forum.why late IVs - sammy10
Here are the rumors that r doing the rounds these days more so because by now ppl with credentials similar to mine/others had 10-15 interviews last yr while this yr we have 0-2 on average by now albeit with a few exceptions..

"There are reasons as there are reasons for everything..

1. Carrib Grad Factor- As already has been discussed...
2. Slow IV season- started off with a long weekend...
3. Financial crunch: believe it or not.. I know some programs are facing this issue and are still not sure for how many spots they will receive funding..
4. Upcoming Elections: If Democrats win, doctors are screwed and so is the healthcare system... The programs are desperately waiting for the results which would decide the amount of funding for foreign residents for each program!! They are not being liberal with IV invitations for all visa requiring IMG's.. Once they have a better idea, IV's should start coming"

Whats getting people worried and i include IMGs with 99s in both steps is the lack of calls this yr and the uncertainty about what to expect i.e., whether we will get as many calls as last yr or the policies have changed. Plz share ur views..

4: Does politics play a role in IVs sending in this season?
As thoughts of many people, Republicans mostly win this election, and the issue now is how big they will win. In case Republicans win, how does it affect the amount of funding for FMGs? And any change for IMG with GC?
About Visa issue. I know my cousin who has double 99 and she applied to 96 programs and had no INvites so far. She has a green card but no USCE
just rumors, none of these survive tyro's factcheck! hehehe
According to a program coordinator, the answer is: point number 2
i have no kidney to think about it.
I don't know where you got all this but sounds like bullshit and nothing else... Smile

People with good credentials did get many IVs by now. And good credentials does not mean only scoring double 99s or green card. Actually being a US citizen or having a green card will never be a factor for someone to receive an IV unless you have good credentials. It's most likely a bonus for the program and don't think a factor in deciding sending an invite to an applicant.

Question your USCE, LORs and post-graduate experience if you have great scores! Maybe they are not as good as you think they are...Coming up with bullshit like these listed on this thread won't help anyone...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »