Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What US clinical experience means? - dmg76
I have received the following message:

Experience: More than two months of US Clinical Experience within the last year including a recommendation letter from that experience. Observerships/Externships/Research do not apply as Clinical Experience.

What do they mean by US clinical experience since observership/ externship do no apply????????????
please, anyone???????????????
clerkships!... what kind of Q is that?

the best clinical experience is current enrollment in a 1-yr prelim or transitional yr residency program.

next best is a clinical clerkship at a US university/hospital where you go through clinical rounds with a supervisor/physician along with other 'residents' in that program.

externship comes next, but though the experience is hands on under a supervisor, but it is not along with residents and not in a 'residency-setup' and is thus lower priority and some programs don't consider it as clinical experience.

lowest preference is observership where there is no hands-on experience at all - only seeing how patients are treated.
it is basically same work as resident do
so most of us do not have that because thats what you are applying for
any other thing.....

a prelim internship, core clerkships, electives, etc
I am an IMG, how can I get a clerkship or electives?I have ECFMG certificate.
how can I have hands-on US clinical experience as an IMG?
if u are undergraduated just apply to the universities where clerkships are offered... all over the US are spots like that...

IF ur done with med school in your country, it's too late. The only options left are observerships and externships...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »