Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what determines ranking? - hibiscus5
post iv, are scores still considered while ranking by a program or is it just the iv performance? what all are the factors that are crucial?
and dont just keep viewing the thread, post something!
http://usmleforum.com/showthread.php?tid=531401.php
what about imgs? our evlauation would be somewhat different than what you posted...
hi...that suits the amgs...how about imgs?the MSPE,the clerkship grades...do they all matter to imgs?or something else??
i guess no, but the LOrs, step3 etc they apply also to IMGs
most important once called for iv is the IV itself. everything comes next and in this order: US LORs and US work experience - mle scores--- visa. your img deans letter is a piece of junk! ok?

and dont just keep reading the replies, post a thankful acknowledgement everytime there is a reply!

well, actually some places already have their "rank list" even before the interviewers come to the places... i'm not saying all of them (i dont know for sure)... but there are places (specially FL and NYC because I talked to the residents there), where the PC already have decided which applicants are gonna be ranked or called to pre-match when invitations are sent... so if u mess up tha IV, but u were in the list, they just take u out of it... but u if were never in the list... u'll need and oustanding iv to get in... not quite possible... in general everybody has practiced the answers and look professional!. they're all doctors!, how didfficult can it be?.... so those available spots are the ones going to the match... basically cut in half or so (check nrmp statistics)

And of course luck!, in the end there's a huge deal of it....
SI,

Where did you get that post? Do you have it for other specialties such as Psych and FM? Thank you in advance and good luck to you.
pahology, you too?? its in the nrmp database!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »