Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 interviews.....enough? - pinky69
Applied to about 75-80 IM programs. Got 5 interviews since last friday (they do come in bunches). 7 Rejections overall as well!

Would rather not divulge the names of the places, but no university programs, several university affiliated with fellowships though. Now I'm quite nervous for these interviews and could use any encouragement/advice......

My application is not perfect but it is solid, especially US LOR's (didn't see em but nothing else explains it) which I think have single-handedly gotten me interviews at some places.

i think 7 is a good number,, are you expecting 2 more??
people i know that have match, have had 6 or more
Hey pinky69.

Congrats on the good number of interviews. Do you mind sharing your credentials and did you get your USCE in university hospitals / hands-on. Also are you a caribbean grad.

I have the same question
I have 6 actually
are they enough??
last year
one of my friends watched with 5 ivs no contacts
others 2 unmatched with 9 ivs each
my friends from last year match
6iv peds
10 ivs IM
11 ivs IM
6 iv IM

4iv IM not match
3iv GS not match

none had contacts
i dont know if this helps, but in my case, I had 2 very late ivs, and ended up matching in only 1 program Sad

you are in a good shape and the chances of matching if you do your ivs well is close to 90%!
The experiences were medical student electives. These are of course much easier to get than observerships and are a little more helpful too, you just have to have the foresight to do them before you graduate from medical school. I'm glad I did.

I know one gentleman who matched with 4 interviews. So I know it's possible. I just want some general advice on the interview, they are starting very soon......
pinky wht r ur creds? and when did u apply?
I think we are in good shape
but the more the better

You need only one good interview to match. I have so many friends who matched last year with just one IV. I also have friends who did not match with 9 and 15 IVS. So concentrate on your positives and negatives and try doing the IVs well. You will match.

Good Luck
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »