Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caribbean grads boasting of thier interviews - aboveandbeyond
,,!,, take this you a**h*les caribs
@ozpy - this thread and discussion "died" a long time ago. What is the point of bringing it up and instigating? Besides i think arguments should have supporting facts.
go and learn some medical stuff...btw imgs still do better than you 3rd grade, crap.junkies...i have full respect for AMGs and DO's but you people are worthless...and dont get me started on caribbean school admission process...you all buy your seats using your once upon a time FOB father's DOLLARS.....WHO CAME AS AN IMG HERE STUDYING in countries you look upon in baD LIGHT NOW...
...ANY JERK WITH MONEY CAN GET INTO THESE carib schools....
you cant even dare to stand in front of ppl you have fought and eARNED A RIGHT TO BE IN MEDICAL SCHOOL IN OUR RESPECTIVE COUNTRIES.....and the programs know that for a fact...so its only the visa thing that's hurting us and dont get the delusion that its gonna stay like this forever..the moment the visa policy changes..which it will.....you would be back to where you belong...flipping burgers...cleaning toilets and gas stations..good luck with that at least we would still be respected and treated like doctors wherever we end up...
@jn2013 chill man..... infront of AMG all IMGs the same..... 2nd class doctors.... so there is no need to make fun of each other. Peace to all.
its all about money, money.. u look so pathetic guys, come on, u are doctors.
bad luck can affect anybody. look at me - multiple attempts on exams, taking 9th attempt of ck on 2/10, passed step 1 on 5th attempt, cs on 2nd. i know my chances for residency are slim to none. i am an american born, fmg who went not to the caribbean, but in eastern europe. 2002 to 2008. Currently I work at a doctor's place doing his EHR, but he has recently brought someone else in who happens to be indian, from india, passed all his steps and seems smarter than me, and I worry that I will lose my job now. Don't even know why he is keeping the both of us, when times are bad and reimbursements are going down the drain.

But I refuse to give up. I will keep taking attempts until January 1, 2013, because that is when the ECFMG will write a nice letter telling me that due to multiple attempts, I am ineligible to submit any more applications for USMLE examinations. However, I have come to realize over this last decade of struggle, that this medical knowledge is timeless and not just a waste of time. Due to my scores, I may never get the chance to help others, but I can use that knowledge to help myself, to see a part of the world that I otherwise may never have known. Now I know, for example, that when I turn 50 18 years from now, I have to get a colonoscopy, and an influenza vaccination. If I were a smoker, at the age of 65 I would have to get an abdominal ultrasound to rule out abdominal aortic aneurysm.

It is not of waste. If you are unlucky that you cannot work in a hospital, use that knowledge for yourself. Life is too short to worry about the future. Enjoy today. If we are not happy now, we will never be.
U mad
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »