Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kansas university of medicine - Invitation - shekar22k2
Hi guys. Did anyone get an luncheon invitation for Internal Medicine. I got it. But it is not an interview. Although they discuss about interview and match details with candidates. anyone with past experience or information please contribute. thanks in advance.
one person also got it just now
he started the thread just now but its nt a iv
they are starting some program and want u to spend some money to go there and to listen to them so that they can full their seats somehow..........
michael_swash,

they dint ask for any money. how wil they benefit by getting their seats full. the invite is from pd and it is an interaction with faculty, staff n residents and our chance to clear doubts or to ask questions abt match.. still, thanks for d info michael. if anyone in d past has attended luncheon at KUMC, kindly contribute info.
What do you mean by starting a program michael_swash.. Could you explain ???
i m not saying that they are asking for money the point is that u ll go there and spend ur bucks and they ll gonna give u information only on their preliminary residency program not about the entire matching process....if u have iv call from there than its beneficial to attend it but if its not than i dont think its worth it to prepare a trip just to listen it and come back anyway its upto u go ahead and enjoy ur meal of 300 or 400 dollar watever.
Killzone

we need to find out if anyone has attended this event in the past. that shd make things clearer.
Michael,

i agree with what u say. but what if they send an interview in the next 3-4 days. i mean there must be a reason for them to throw a luncheon. right. and this letter is from pd. but still thanks for ur insight buddy.
@killzone

sorry i didnt got any email like this i misinterpreted ur post as i didnt read it carefully and as well as couple of days ago i got some email like this from one program that they are starting some rural residency and inviting in the same manner but as far as i knw they ll gonna give u information only on prelim pogram they offer anyway i may be wrong but u r going just for a lunch there and thats too without an iv invitation atleast i wouldnt be showing my face to them anyway its upto u.
@ shekar22k2.. leave ur email ID and I Shall contact u on that
it is an invitation, very few programs meet candidate like this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »