Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Violence on the Rise at St. Barnabas Bronx - tornado
04/05 13:08, New York 1 News
Violence on the Rise at St. Barnabas Hos
Every big city hospital has some workplace violence, but at St. Barnabas hospital in the Bronx, the number of assaults against staff has jumped dramatically, leaving some doctors and nurses worried about their safety.
read more at http://medisyshealth.org/publicAffairs/i...index.html
it had to be!
No one cares dude. They filled all their spots already anyway except 2 as per a friend in residency there.

Usually it is the residents who attract violence that are unhappy but the rest want to get their residency and move out to practice. It does not mean that the others are happy but happy as they got residency!

No one cares, residency is extremely competitive now and people with 99/99 have not matched last year and some even rejected prematches. It will get even more competitive from next year and maybe almost impossible for most IMGs in few years as number of AMGs and DO increase.
yes I agree, I have a personal experience at st barnabas. I was there to visit a friend and I saw the violence infront of my eyes, one of the drug addicts with the doctor.
what!! really??? all positions filled!!??!!!sez who!!
i guess none of the candidates who prematched read this.. or cared..
Why wud people who prematched visit this forum anymore dude!

They are usually the first ones to send iv in the US and finish their iv's by October end and sometimes apart from 1 or 2 spots, they give prematch to the rest.

NY is the biggest city in the USA and crime is normal in some parts of the city. Residency is competitive and a lot of people will take a prematch anyday than go to match.

I did not match last year and turned down 2 prematches and regret that now. I am a USIMG from the big 4 in Carib. Got a lot of iv's this year also and will take a prematch but not in Bronx because I have hell of a lot of better choices. I think match this is gonna be real hard ass compared to any other year.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »