Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IV questions I have had so far.. - pahology11
Hi I had my first IV on friday, and I would like to share my experience.

I had a pleasnt experience, the team was friendly, though i am not sure what all they were looking silently in me.

The Qs I had,
1)All in very very detail about my experience, how I managed my patients in the past.
2)What are all the things you put together to come to USA?
3)Why this program?
4)why this place?
5)what do u want in your future?
6)I am married, so about husands job, is he interested in coming as well and what are his plans and so on.
7)About my interests.
8) any interest in particular subgroup ( thats how they asked ), I talked about subspeciality/fellowship ideas of mine.
9)Any interesting clinical case that I have seen so far. The other interviewer asked me from a very particular job, so i had to quickly think and react there.

Unfortunately they didnot give me an opportunity to talk about my strenghts which i had prepared so very well.(LOL)

Any how well done pahology again and GOOD LUCK to all of us.
oh well, pd took u out for a date............nice
smoke_mle,

??? whatever!

I need some coffeeSmile

do you like coffee too?

oh yes...i love coffee...and iv drained all the pots wherever iv interviewed till now
programs who served Starbucks for interview earn a special star in my review book
how about if they let you order double espresso after the lunch with PD?
spandipati frend, your iv questions 5 and 8 were the oppourtunities to talk about your strengths! i think tat you did use them a bit. gl for other ivs.
pahology frend, good complication of questions... i mean compilation...hehehe
a friend of mine just came back from a peds IV. She was asked if her marriage was arranged or not?

these Qs tell me that they could/would ask you anything.
hi tyro are u gone, could u enlighten me how i could put my strenghts then, iam still not sure, thanks in advance.
more questions I've gotten.......
Psych IV- if you were inspecting an inpatient psychiatric hospital, what would you look for?
- what do you think makes a good psychiatrist?
- is there anyone who you consider your role model in psychiatry or that you look up to, and why?
- any special interests within psych?

IM IV- tell me a challenging/interesting/complex case?
- if you notice that an attending is doing something wrong, how do you deal with that?
- why this specialty?
- future plans? like after residency
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »