Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
usce ????? - hardwork2009
Hi Friends ,
please guide me -all of those who got IV calls ,must have gained USCE .Can anyone guide me how and where to look for USCE ??
Thanks in advance ,
Best wishes .
seems like people dont like helping when it comes to USCE.
USCE in form of externships or clerkships are offered by some companies, but if you can find a Doc who will take you and if you can buy your own malpractice insuranse to perform non-invasive physicals it will be cheaper. I heard bad reviews about those companies, in fact I was considering them too.
Be aware if you are in Calif. you can not do any USCE, it would be illegal ( I am talking about us who already completed medical schools). To my surprise i got e-mail advertisement from FMG portal offering externships in San Francisco and San Diego....it's a scam. You probably would pay an arm and leg and get to do only observership which you can do for free.
Now, I heard from some candidates that some East coast and Midwest residency programs are offering FREE observerships with a possibility to be considered as a prospective resident candidate...I did not get the names of these programs bcs I wasn't interested in USCE anymore...I wish I new about this before!!!
Another option for USCE would be a PA (physician assistant) or nursing program, but it's very expensive and takes a long time to do prereq. to get into the program. I think it's not a good idea..
oldgradformatch,

I'm glad to have your opinion and advice!

Correct me if I am wrong, the only right and legal way for an externship to count is to have malpractice insurance?
For California doing externship/clerkship with direct contact with patients with or without malpractice insurance is ILLEGAL! I am talking about IMGs who already graduated. I don't think you can even get malpratice coverage for Ca.

For other states - yes, get malpractice insuranse so you can do it legal way.
I heard someone in the forum mentioned Washington state also doesn't allow externships, maybe I am wrong..?

i too heard something about washington being strict about externships.

By the way do you have an idea where I can get the right malpractice insurance? Maybe you have a site or link.
Thank you so much for sharing the info ,most of the residency pgms want is to have USCE but not many Univ are offering them.Thanks for California update also .
wish you all great luck .

@hardwork2009: I know Reno, NV IM program offers observership. I met I girl who did it with her husband. They liked him, interviewed him and he matched (he already graduated). But she was not offered IV.

@ayash: try eQouteMD and make sure you are getting quote for med graduate not the student, you need pre-residency training coverage. My spouse did all the search, but I think it was this site
thank you so much oldgradformatch,

best wishes to you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »