Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
general surgery rejections and invitations! - crazypinoy
i have heard that Uni of Hawaii is img friendly, what is u peoples feedback, should i apply there............
to aoyippy!
from what the PC told me abington offers h-1 and j-1. You have to have scores>80 and graduated within the last 5 years. Hope this helps!
GL
Hi all! Its been a slow couple of days for me. I thought this was suppose to be the peak time? I guess we will have to wait.
crazypinoy..thanks for the tips on the 2 progs. I'm goin to LIJ on Dec 2nd ..maybe I can tell you guys about it.

Vali..great going ..adding to half a dozen hmm..Albington ..i mailed at the amhsurg address but didn't get replies..can you tell me the contact you used ? I want to ask them about the deadline for submitting CS scores and ECFMG cert.

Hey what do you guys expect interviews in surgery to be like? can we discuss questions expected to be hurled at us?

I think Nov 1 is going to be a turning point in for all awaiting interviews from other places.
,, well lets hope things will get better after the release of MSPE,,,
,, Well jacobs ,, i'l be very glad to go there,, it's one of the hottest place.
hi people!
to dr_ind: i called abington using the number provided by FREIDA, I never send emails!
This week has been slow for me too: only a rejection from Brookdale, NY
As for intw questions I guess they won't be that different from IM b/c PDs in any speciality want to know the same stuff.
GL
dear friends applying for surg.i applied to 55 programs this week.scores 97/97.no usce.cs in nov .grad of 2001.worked in surg back home for 4 years.now in uk for last 3 months.no us lor.got 1 uk lor.so far got three rejections-brooklyn, york and brookdale.is there any chance of getting any interview or shall i stop applying.please respond.
hi people!
i got another intw today: harlem hospital, NY, the weird thing is they say they only have one date for intws. What's the deal with that? I have another intw scheduled for dec 17th and if the people at harlem aren't willing to negotiate I'm gonna have to drop this one. Has anything like this happened to any of you???
to rinku: you have excellent scores and surgical experience! You shouldn't worry about intws. It's just that they don't send calls rightaway. Have a little patience and Faith. University programs start sending intws after nov 1st so there is still time.
GL
Hi all! Vali, congrats on Harlem Hospital. I also got an invitation too. I think I can make it because it is on a sat and I live in NY, so it pretty convient for me. Although, I heard lots of bad things about that program...so I don't think you will be missing out on too much.

Rinku, you have great scores and I am sure you will get enough interviews. 55 is alot programs. I applied to 117 porgrams because I am paranoid but I have received 14 interview so far...Maybe is because I applied to so many programs. Best of Luck!
Hey guys! Got a rejection today. Summa Health Center (Ohio). Oh well! At least they replied!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »