Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those done with step 3 - surrender
I have been having time management issues when doing blocks in UWorld and Kaplan Q Bank. I just make it to the last question when time runs out.

Will the real exam be similar or worse in terms of time required for each block.

Please take time to answer. Thanks.
World makes sense
the real one
will be easier. BUT
Kaplan does not
you should have
more time. Or
maybe Kaplan
also tougher now.
The questions in the real exam were very much like in Uworld Qbank.But in my exam, it was a mixture of long and short questions. I also had some time management issues when I did Uworld Qbank but in the real exam (as in my case) I was able to answer every questions and have at least 3-5 minutes remaining to review per block.So I think just keep on practicing the Qbanks in TIME MODE ALWAYS .
I did not do USMLE world. I used only the Kaplan Q bank and I thought that the questions were similar to the real exam. I had more of a problem with time in the exam than with the question bank though. Had to really rush throught the last questions in some of the blocks in the exam.
I had the same problem. But, in real exam, I was able manage time well. Make sure you have the concentration. I could finish all the blocks in time but emergency block may be a little tough, but thats ok.
In real exam, I had the same problems. Just try to do it as fast as you can and get them as correct as you can. I think everyone I know who took this exam, had the same problem. So you are fine.

Thank you so much for your input guys. Feel a little relaxed now.
On the 1st day of exam I left atleast 2 questions in each block as questions were long.2nd day of exam was fine and completed all mcqs
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »