Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions from a starter - circirbocuu
Hi everybody! I have a few questions.

1- Does personal statemet have to be perfect in terms of English? If yes what do you suggest? Has anyone here in the forum ever had a proffesional help? If so how much does it cost?

2-Am I too late to register with ERAS and start applying for a residency?
3- What does categorical and preliminary mean?
4- I do not know where to start and start doing what first. Help please.

Thanks in advance.
Any help?
hi the personal statement must be perfect in terms of grammar.
2. you are too early for next year
3. prelim is just for 1 year. categorical is 3 yrs.
4. what are you are credentials?
Thanks matchornomatch.
My step 1 is 81, step2 ck 96 step2 cs pass, all at first attempt. All within 2009-2010. My graduation is in 1999.

I was thinking of applying this year. But I think I have lost my chance.

I can handle the grammar part but what I write will still look awkward as I am not a native speaker.Tha is why I have asked the question.

Which one is better? Applying for categorical or preliminary positions?

I think too late for this year,If it were me I wud not apply unless I have contacts who can get me some IVs. Try improving creds for next year doing research or ob/externships.. Regarding PS, yeah, make it the best possible you can make, but what I have felt is community programs donot care about it too much. Gook Luck
1-dont use any services as many people last year were busted because of similar PSs....
show your personal statement to any english native speaking or to an english teacher you know
2-it is late for this year but my advice is apply this year for two reasons:
a-you will upload you papers and hence next year you can use them again and save some time
b-you will apply to the post match scramble, although it is bit difficult but many people still do get positions

3-you have to apply to categorical in general, prelim are only 1 year,
prelim is needed in case the catego specialty you are applying to don't have a pgy1 position or if you want to do a 1 year clinical experience
4-go to ecfmg /eras website and read the instructions there CAREFULLY
THANK YOU applicantguide.
Also Thanks to you prematchlover.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »