Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IV Season Is OVER!!!!!!!!! - md83
Guys it seems like its over, so no more checking emails constantly
lol
oh no...

one still has to check emails constantly if s/he is expecting late iv calls....

these can b critical coz the iv slot can be lost in a matter of hours.
no!!! I got another one yesterday, hahaha. this must be the result from cancellation from somebody else.
No, I got an iv yesterday, and there was not just one only slot available...
It's a univ program though, and another univ program sent me an email that they will send out a round of ivs in the first week of dec.
I mean, it seems that univ prog are a little late compared to community ones
I got an invite from a university program and they offered me like 10 dates in january and 5 in December so apparently the season isn't totally over yet. Since I already prematched, i had to decline that invitation and cancel 4 other interviews. Point being, its still very very much possible to get invites since ppl are cancelling and declining interviews while some programs ate just beginning to send out invites. Granted, its not as much as it was last month, but still, there's hope.
* I saw this here- it will tell you where to apply
iv_diwana1 - 11/21/10 16:52

LL TYPES of HELP for OLD IMGS: USMLE, USCE, etc
"IMG-DEPOT" Residency Pgm List
PAID CLINICAL JOBS ACCEPTED as USCE

www.usmleforum.com

$85-116K/Yr for Med/Surg Assistant Jobs( BUT YOU MUST APPLY TO THOSE SCHOOLS ONLINE THAT ARE LISTED THERE NOW- FOR FREE- POTENTIALLY YOU MAY GET 75-95% ($30,000) SCHOLARSHIPS- SO APPLY IMMEDIATELY...) - see this link that I found elsewhere VERY IMPORTANT: Believe it or not you may make-not quite as much as family medicine- BUT CLOSE;i.e., according to Salary.com you start at $85-95K per annum and move up to $116K per annum after 5 years- esp if you are a surgical assistant (MEANWHILE YOU CAN STILL TRY FOR SURG/MED RESIDENCY AS YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY NETWORK AND GET HANDS ON USCE- .ALSO- SPECIAL AAMC REPORT: J1 VISA FOR IMGs BECOMING LAW BY 2012!a. Best USMLE preparation courses in terms of value and guaranteed outcomes b. Best type of non-commercial (FREE) university-based externships, their availabilities and locations c. 1 Special discussions for "old grad-" IMGs, and those with multiple failures (i.e., LISTINGS OF THOSE FM, PSYCH, PRELIM SURG PROGRAMS that have NO GRAD DATE or USMLE Score /Attempts REQUIREMENTS) , and those that have taken more than 7 years in their steps
c2 OBAMACARE:+15,000 NEW Rez Posns by 2015
The JAN 2010 passage of National US Health Insurance Care Reform means that ALL IMGs have BETTER ODDS of getting a residency: Yes it is true
c3REAL‘HANDS-ON PAID’'H &P-DOCTOR’ position
You will do H and P’s and some investigations on patients FOR PAY! (“H and P Doctor:" – i.e., not a physician assistant) WHERE?
THIS WILL SERVE AS REAL US CLINICAL experience IN A TOP US HOSPITAL

d. How the latter may upgrade their applications through externships, good USMLE scores, etc; DETAILS ABOUT TRAINING FOR HIGH-PAYING PAID LICENSED CLINICAL JOBS (E.G., MED ASSISTANT, RESP THERAPIST, RN ETC) AND WHERE TO FIND THEM LOCALLY- and REALIZE THAT PGM DIRECTORS REGARD THEM AS BEING THE SAME AS US CE-i.E., US MEDICAL SCHOOL ROTATIONS AS THESE ARE "HANDS-ON"

e. The real meaning in (terms of residency application strength) of a USMLE applicant who scores 99 vs an 85 vs a 78; how many interviews does each of these categories truly receive?
f. Which is the best back-up degree for someone who may not get a residency in the US (i.e., NOT MPH or nursing! instead- MBA or JD if good English skills).
------------------------------
screw ur ad!

@moony, whitecurd, drny

do u mind telling us what program sent u the iv?

also, drny, where did u prematch?

pls share ur creds so v know our chances as well(altho every applicant is different)
i think if there is no update on profile, there would be no new iv sent out ..
Please take a moment to read about this important issue, and join me in signing the petition. It takes just 30 seconds, but can truly make a difference. We are trying to reach more and more signatures - please sign here and share your story

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/j1-visa-abuse

Once you have signed, you can help even more by asking your friends and family in USMLE Forum,email,twitter to sign as well.
Thank you!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »