Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panic or real?? - notimeforfun
One more thing i 'd like to add you, if you do clinical externship or clerkships, try to get evaluation forms apart from LOR.
I heard that if you have US LOR with evaluation forms is better score than your US LOR alone.
can we send eval forms to eras? should have done that! darn!
@notimeforfun - sorry i felt asleep. well my credentials are not impressive. medical school wise - i have b's and c's with only one a per transcript, no failures though. with usmle exams i had 76 for step 1, 85 for step 2 ck, pass on first attempt for step 2 cs and 75 for step 3.

although i have b's and c's in my medical transcript, i would recall any stuff from my medical school years, be it study guides since we used the problem based learning or the self assesment questions we used, i seemed to recall it very well. in fact this has helped me while learning stuff for the usmle. i would be able to learn usmle stuff and make sense of it if it hadn't been for the medical school stuff learning. my scores are not impressive usmlewise but somehow the same applies, i still recall most stuff in kaplan and would know if any question asked was not in the kaplan or pass program or whatever resources i came across. so i only think of it as either i missed it while reading or may be i just didn't recall it.
anyway i have had no advanced training just the mbbs and the studies for usmle, of which along the process i detoured many times just for the fun of learning. so those are my credentials, and i currently use residency stuff for reading now, that's the closest i can get to being in residency.
the whole process is funny for me coz i wouldn't have got noticed but for some other reason, not by an outstanding medical background, except for one of the usmle exams i think. well so that it stands now, i want residency, but i realize that i didn't earn by means of having outstanding medical background nor usmle scores, i earned it through a tragic life hahahaha. so to not have residency at all is not quite a problem for me as i view it now, i wouldn't have had it in the first place anyway.
so i view it as cheating, i have cheated my way into getting into trying to attain residency, i am trying to take advantage of the situation. so when you reminded us of the possibility of zero chance, it tickle my funny bone. i could give as many reason as i can for having low usmle scores, but these are just reasons which are only sought should the programs decide and a whole day can be devoted for this reasoning alone hahahahahaha. at most times they would just trash the applications
oh and for the pass program for step 1, i never attended the course in person. i had a pirated videos in dvds and i sat there watching it just like in the classroom. the only adv i had was i could rewind it as much as i can. so i took notes while watching the program, that had taken up most of my time, i had to actually go through bit by bit coz the usmle exam was scary, first time, don't know what am going against. i even had biochemistry, of which i did the same. i also had kaplan to read through. medical school stuff, i didn't reread coz i still recall it. i had written notes as well from med school but i didn't need to use it.

oh and for cheating, i didn't do cheating with devilish activities hahahahaha why would i when i can learn the steps myself hahahahaha besides i haven't come across a ghost to offer me usmle answers hahahahaha
i used to be outstanding in high school, learning stuff is not a problem for me, in fact that's how i got to medical school in the first place hahahaha. i however took a dip in medical school but managed to pass usmle which is like wtf hahahahahahaha.

have a great day notimeforfun
anyway who says i won't make use of this opportunity should it present itself. the only thing that is halting things is the communication breakdown.
at the moment i am in the dark, the only thing i have is intuitive ideas but nothing solid
though it is just intuitive ideas, it has served me well within the past few years. for these stuff i need more then intuitive ideas hahahaha
@qwery: dun worry u would get something.. keep up! god is great
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »