Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humiliation & degradation - luago
Hi Fowley9,

I am also an old graduate and I have some interviews in December. I am sure I will be asked how I will take orders from the younger residents. I would really appreciate it if could tell me how you answered the question.

Thanks
Hi drmdt75

Well, in my case, I answered that topic with a story I always use to tell my med school students and residents back at the hospital, where I have seen terrible figths and verbal abuse among younger residents towards the old ones, and I have to put my hard face against that kind of behavior, so I have been in the other side of the table before. I have told the young wise guys, that grandiosity and recongnition comes by itself when you are willing to help the unpreviledge and the ones getting behind, your stature and respect will do nothing but grow among the ones you have discrepancies with.

To the older students/residents, also have some words like, work with respect and humbble attitude towards the ones in charge, always willing to listen and play your part, because you have to know where are standing in the process to achive your goal, so its much better to learn to listen and be patient., your time will come soon enough.

With that attitude I did my residency years back and have been a teacher for some years, so when I was asked about it, I talk about those experiences I had, I think I answered a diffrent story on every interview, but always saying somthing like I undesrtand the grounds I'm walking now, and I'm willing to pay my dues and learn from everyone, always with an open mind and wide open eyes, becuase it is my time to be a game player now. And always don't be affraid to put out a smile on it.
So just let your experience flow and say something you remember from your early years.
Good luck on your interviews.
how old r u guys anyway ? im 2003 graduates but i have one and 6 month internship

so i recived my diploma on 2005

is that old
To all of the old graduates in this forum...please don't hurt yourself.
Please contact me on drugsafety_traning; I can help you find a good job in Clinical research & Medical affairs. It's very easy to find a job as there are plenty of jobs for foreign MDs. This will be a satisfying position for all medical doctors as they will be working in drug discovery. I’m foreign medical doctors came to US 5 yrs back and as all the doctors applied for residency, but never succeeded in getting a residency as I was an “OLD IMG”. I was advised by a PD to learn more about Clinical research & Medical affairs. He gave me all the required information about the current job market for foreign MDs in Clinical research. He was working as a Medical Monitor for one of a CRO
I took his advice and started learning about Clinical research. It took me some time to learn all the regulation and process of drug discovery but once I started the whole process felt easy. It took me no time to find a job as I was a medical doctor with clinical research training. I’m currently working as a Drug Safety Physician in a CRO, satisfied with my pay and my life.
I’m ready to help anyone who is willing to explore clinical research Industry.

Drug Safety Physician.
hey luago. Nice post....and i guess you had to do what you had to with that interview situation. It's weird that such a question would be asked since that is age discrimination!
You give me hope as an "old" YOG and also having worked in the UK healthcare system. I would love to get your insight on some issues (i applied this year and all i have received is a steady stream of polite rejections!). Can you please email me: chemiron@lycos.com
Thanks
After i read the initial post, i thought isnot this discrimination? at least asking age in an interview.

I have been asked any and every possible question that I can think discriminatory or "very" personal...

I had to suck it up basically and acted as cool as whatever...

I dont have the guts to complain, do you?

best...

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »