Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
********* IV/ Rej Thread ******** - dr@2011
@wrngturn
i agree with you. going from upmc to medical college of georgia or indiana U seems like a strange move. the albert einstein guy went bc of the research there and the cedar sinai guy went there bc his wife wanted to go to LA.

regarding mid tier programs - i agree too: grads from st. elizabeth in boston (community hospital/ tufts affiiliated and some research activities) and they are sending their residents to dartmouth, texas heart, U wash, tufts.

@frgdoc: you really like st elizabeth Smile
damn - is it that apparent? hehe

i tell you it is nice there and no harvard attitude

Yeah, I agree. One ISP resident didn't get cards even he has 2.5 years of research at an Ivy League!
@frgdoc: that was my 2nd IV. Smile the residents were really super nice, even the medical students. Smile
one resident told me...amongst those who matched to cards only 2 applied during 2nd year the rest had to do postres research before matching...but who cares anyway. thats completely understandable. another thing, only 1 elective during the entire 3 years of residency...and again the size...
one guy matched to endo in johns hopkins though...wow! and of course again, very friendly atmosphere which is very very important Wink
@ my buddy zealot
you r completely right - no cocky residents, no cocky med students and a very approachable PD - what a delight!.
i admit i was cherry picking with regards to the st E cards fellowship placement. and the size made me worried too. but then it has been small for a while yet grads went to places. plus their own cards fellowship is not too shabby either. people from big univ places go there for cards fellowship or advanced cards training.
in comparison it is positively surprising how well people in cards match out of St. E versus UPMC ISP (some there still did not match despite research).

on a different note i think one has 1 elective the first year and then more the following years (up to 12w).

i got the last one wrong...sorry. anyway, goodluck! you'll surely end up somewhere really really great Smile
thanks - i hope things work out for you too
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »