Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
********* IV/ Rej Thread ******** - dr@2011
Harlem hospital interview!
Well then i guess some of us have our hopes in the right place. 3 of us already on this thread!!!
Rejection UT-southwestern Austin IM cat
IV Mayo Clinic, Rochester
which upmc ur talking about?
haha...hotpotato.... UPMC Presbyterian. MD/PhDs wont go to rest of UPMC obviously. If UPMC-Presbyterian finds it awkward to mention ret of UPMCs on their website, how can you expect MD/PhDs to go there?
Why are you people planning to accept the pre-match at UPMC? if you interviewed there that means you have other good calls too and the ISP fellowship match isnt great. Even I havent got a rejection till but I am seriously thinking about other programs.
Nicely done Federer. Played like a true champ!

Yes. But if you get done so early, you can be productive until march. a 4 month advantage! And you dont spend on travelling etc.
@ WRNGTRN - You talking about London? or my comment?

Recently I decided that I should atleast see the better programs that have called me. I will earn a lot lot more dollars in my life and these 2000-2500 dollars wont mean much after maybe 6 months of residency. I have interviewed at pretty lower programs than UPMC too and their fellowship match rate is really commendable. The PDs there make extra effort to get you to better fellowship programs to get their program names to the good program lists.
For Example - Albert Einstein, Philly is sending 1 person every year to MD Anderson..and maybe 2 this year.....I dont mean to say that its anywhere even near to UPMC but still they are sending people to big big places and UPMC ISP isnt. I mean UPMC is so highly rated but not sending people to the top 5 universities in fellowship categories.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »