Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USCE Experiences***POST HERE*** - ayash
To those who got IV's

To help fellow colleagues and for the sake of good karma, please post your experiences with USCE.

How you got it and what you did. I am sure many will find this helpful.

Thank You
Three months of USCE, all in biiiiig name universities. Two months of hands on senior medical student clerkships and one subinternship.
I got the first two without any connection, just sending a ton of nice email that showed my interest and my background (either clinical and in research) in the peds subspecialty I want to go into.
Then I got the subinternship after another ton of email and an interview... Yes, an IV!!! :O Basically I had the subinternship because of the amazing evals I got from the two clerkship...
I guess the subI was the thing that really boosted my application, because my USMLE scores are not great at all.
I just explained why they weren't that grade and then really worked my b*** off in the clerkship and the subI, and I really enjoyed every single minute of all them!!!
Honestly, I had to "prepare" my step1 in just 10 days to meet the deadline for the first clerkship, and had to jump into step2ck and cs in a month... Sometimes I feel sad that I had to choose clerkship over super duper USMLE scores, but, if I didn't make that choice, I probably wouldn't have been able to gain such amazing clinical experience.
Btw, for those who don't know, SubI is probably the best way for you to challenge yourself to see if a program is the best fit for you, and viceversa; you really act like a resident, you take calls every third nights and have responsibilities...It's AWESOME!!!
Omg, sorry, I don't know why I am missing the "s" so many times... Maybe late night (where I am it is) and chronic lack of sleep... Sad
that's great moony
good luck in residency
Thanks simon2... Really need it at this time of the season...
Thanks moony..that's a great information.
I have USCE thro Americlerkships at Chicago Lakeshore Hospital, attending is a very nice Dr.
Where did you apply to?
@moony,

How you would explain not great USMLE score or attempt in CS? What good reasons we should tell them??? Any suggestions!!
Is sub internship only possible as a medical student, or can we get it as a graduate?
@ayash: just as a medical student, unfortunately
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »